Let it mellow

Andy

Hey guys 

Will most likely be kegging my fist brew in a day or so from the droid.  I am going the ikegger route with a 10l keg and CO2 carbonation.   I would like the beer flavors to mellow for a few weeks prior to tapping...it is the Wicked Night Ale so especially for the spice addition.  I believe I read a thread that the consensus is that aging temperature (fridge or room) doesn’t really matter but should I start carbonation before aging or wait until after?

Thanks much

29 minutes ago, Andy said:

Hey guys 

Will most likely be kegging my fist brew in a day or so from the droid.  I am going the ikegger route with a 10l keg and CO2 carbonation.   I would like the beer flavors to mellow for a few weeks prior to tapping...it is the Wicked Night Ale so especially for the spice addition.  I believe I read a thread that the consensus is that aging temperature (fridge or room) doesn’t really matter but should I start carbonation before aging or wait until after?

Thanks much

Hi Andy, no let it age in the keg after you have purge it, removing most of the o2. When ready to consume, chill down to serving temp and then carbonate with co2. I normally purge at 30 psi.

Cheers

10 hours ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Hi Andy, no let it age in the keg after you have purge it, removing most of the o2. When ready to consume, chill down to serving temp and then carbonate with co2. I normally purge at 30 psi.

Cheers

Thanks Cap

A little unclear on the purge you referenced.  I plan to displace the keg sanitizer with CO2 and then fill directly from the droid.  Do you do an added step at this point with CO2?  Fill to 30 psi and disconnect?

Regards

1 hour ago, Andy said:

Thanks Cap

A little unclear on the purge you referenced.  I plan to displace the keg sanitizer with CO2 and then fill directly from the droid.  Do you do an added step at this point with CO2?  Fill to 30 psi and disconnect?

Regards

Your right Andy, as your doing the sealed method there will be no need to purge.