One Tablet per BrewPrint - But I Keg?

Steve G

Hey folks,

You get one tablet per brew-print, which I assume is intended to clean the unit - just wondering if you can stick all the relevant kegging peripherals in the brewdroid interior during the main cleaning, so you sanitise both in one hit. Seems a bit silly to buy a seperate bulk of tablets for this part of the process - but I'm just wondering if there's a reason that would be better.

The other question is, I have a baby bottle steam sanitiser - can this be used in lieu of the chemical based cleaning for the plastics and hoses/fittings etc? A quick eyeball says these all fit nicely into it, and I can just set it to steam stuff clean a few days before.

Thanks in advance for the help,

8 hours ago, Steve G said:

Hey folks,

You get one tablet per brew-print, which I assume is intended to clean the unit - just wondering if you can stick all the relevant kegging peripherals in the brewdroid interior during the main cleaning, so you sanitise both in one hit. Seems a bit silly to buy a seperate bulk of tablets for this part of the process - but I'm just wondering if there's a reason that would be better.

The other question is, I have a baby bottle steam sanitiser - can this be used in lieu of the chemical based cleaning for the plastics and hoses/fittings etc? A quick eyeball says these all fit nicely into it, and I can just set it to steam stuff clean a few days before.

Thanks in advance for the help,

Yes you could put your other kegging peripherals inside the droid during the cleaning process. Be careful not to scratch the internal wall/base and make sure you rinse everything.

I’m not sure about the steamer as to whether it will effect the tubing or not but it does sound like a good idea. One thing though, many people get confused about cleaning and sanitising. After cleaning you should sanitise all that may come into contact with the brew. Most of us a product called “Star San” or “Stellasan”. It mixes at 1.5ml/litre, is non rinse, reusable and doesn’t have and effect upon the beer. Dipping stuff into a solution for a few minutes and a spray bottle of the solution will be your best friend. Don’t forget to pull your tap apart, clean and sanitise.

Cheers, Mark