brewing without Brewart ingredients

Robert Ayotte

Hello,

I live in Canada and I received a Beerdroid as a gift. It came with a brewprint. I have brewed this batch and I’m quite satisfied with the results.
However, Brewprints and Brewart ingredients cannot be shipped in Canada. So, where do I go from here? Can the Beerdroid be used to brew
Beer by using regular brewing ingredients? Are there any instructions anywhere?

Thank you in advance

Robert

44 minutes ago, Robert Ayotte said:

Hello,

I live in Canada and I received a Beerdroid as a gift. It came with a brewprint. I have brewed this batch and I’m quite satisfied with the results.
However, Brewprints and Brewart ingredients cannot be shipped in Canada. So, where do I go from here? Can the Beerdroid be used to brew
Beer by using regular brewing ingredients? Are there any instructions anywhere?

Thank you in advance

Robert

Hi Robert and welcome.

You can ferment any wort in the the droid, that made up from cans (kit brews), purchased wort, all grain wort etc. Just ensure you make the wort first to 10l, pour into the droid and sprinkle the yeast on top.

The is a thread on non Brewart brews.

Cheers Mark

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Hello Robert,

Funnily enough, I am in exactly the same situation. I live in Canada, received it as a gift, and have just started the American Pale Ale that came with it. I started to wonder as soon as I realized that the app "Is not available in your country".

To make things worse, I can't even order the dry hops filter that is recommended for this brewprint, let alone purchase more brewprints.

Although there are indications of stores in the US, I have not had any luck in finding one, quite yet. If the product continues to increase in popularity then perhaps we'll have a Canadian Distributor at some point, but in the meantime, I'll be following the same path that you are. I'll check out the Coopers cans, as suggested here.

Best of luck! We'll need it.

Robert

42 minutes ago, Robert Cattral said:

Hello Robert,

Funnily enough, I am in exactly the same situation. I live in Canada, received it as a gift, and have just started the American Pale Ale that came with it. I started to wonder as soon as I realized that the app "Is not available in your country".

To make things worse, I can't even order the dry hops filter that is recommended for this brewprint, let alone purchase more brewprints.

Although there are indications of stores in the US, I have not had any luck in finding one, quite yet. If the product continues to increase in popularity then perhaps we'll have a Canadian Distributor at some point, but in the meantime, I'll be following the same path that you are. I'll check out the Coopers cans, as suggested here.

Best of luck! We'll need it.

Robert

Hi Robert and welcome. As I understand it in the US as in Australia,  BrewPrints or the ingredients are actually purchased through BrewArt themselves and not via any distribution/homebrew stores.

I’m going to refer these posts to the BrewArt team and you should get a response from them as to situations in Canadian. In the meantime the unit is usable by buying or making up wort. Perhaps have a chat to a local homebrew store if available.

Cheers. 
To the @BrewArt Team, can you help or advise these Canadian brewers? Thanks.

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, Captain Canuck said:

Hi Robert,

🇨🇦   i also am from Canada and am going through the same process.   If you Google "2.5 gal extract beer kits canada" or "10 L extract beer kits Canada."  You can find several online stores that ship to Canada.  Many are shipped locally.

Well done for your fellow Canadian brewers.

Edited by Captain 3 Droids