Does this look right?

2 hours ago, JAMES WRAY said:

Getting ready to bottle my first brew of the american pale ale and poured a few ounces into a glass and I was a bit surprised!

The taste isn't bad, but the color and texture. 

And thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

20201221_115656.jpg

Hi James. As this was the first pour out of the tap you’ll find that sediment had settled there so a bit more cloudy than normal. You will find once kegged/ bottled the ale will clear as it carbonates and matures.

3 hours ago, JAMES WRAY said:

Getting ready to bottle my first brew of the american pale ale and poured a few ounces into a glass and I was a bit surprised!

The taste isn't bad, but the color and texture. 

And thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

20201221_115656.jpg

Hi James, as 3 droids said, sediment at the bottom will make it cloudy when you pour a sampler. It gets a little easier with each brew when you have a sampler before kegging/bottling as you then have a base to judge it against. If you are bottling...and I know this is hard but give it six to eight weeks in secondary, yes, you can drink it after 2 weeks but it improves each week.

The APA is a good brew to start off with as it drinks very well with clear flavours of a Pale Ale

Obviously, if I read your post like someone whose first language is English, I would have noted you said you were bottling...FML

Edited by Rob Courtney
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the replies! I poured another sample and it looks a lot better! 

Do you think I need to use the dry hops filter for this? I purchased the filter, but didn't know I needed the adapter until today. Worst case, I will head to the hardware store tomorrow and see if I can make.something work.

Thanks again for the community support! Greatly appreciated!

20 minutes ago, JAMES WRAY said:

Thanks for the replies! I poured another sample and it looks a lot better! 

Do you think I need to use the dry hops filter for this? I purchased the filter, but didn't know I needed the adapter until today. Worst case, I will head to the hardware store tomorrow and see if I can make.something work.

Thanks again for the community support! Greatly appreciated!

Pleasure.

If you just tipped the hops in and used a hop bag or stainless  hop bomb then I’d definitely use the filter. You should be able to find something at the hardware store. Irrigation fittings?