Adding dry hops at end of fermentation

It is up to you and it is a case of learning what you like best.

When I am brewing, when it gets to "ready to keg" I dry hop for 2 days until it starts to go to storage end it and bottle or keg.

You may find 4 days works better but it is trial an error, maybe 3 days, maybe 1, maybe these hops, maybe those but at the end of the day...as Liam says "You still have beer".

If it makes you feel better, I am 3 years into Brewart and I am still experimenting, Captain 3 Droids is like 3000 years into brewing...and you know what, still mixing it up.

To begin with, give it at least 24 hours, see how that goes and if you think " I reckon that flavour could be stronger/more pronounced/delicious" then come back to the group and say " I got A +B...but I want that and C" and between all of us, we can provide ideas.

And if 24 hours with the hps profile you are using works a treat, tell us :)

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Eltham Brewing House said:

I am learning as I go and would like to add dry hops to my first brew (Coopers Original Pale Ale). Can I add the dry hops to the brew just before bottling or 24 hours before bottling. I have the dry hop filter and bottling adapter

Rob is correct however you need to note that if not using the Droid hop mode function you should use a hop bag or stainless hop bomb otherwise you’ll have the potential for a lot of hop sediment in your beer.

Cheers

Edited by Captain 3 Droids
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Rob is correct however you need to note that if not using the Droid hop mode function you should use a hop bag or stainless hop bomb otherwise you’ll have the potential for a lot of hop sediment in your beer.

Cheers

Oh yeah, may have been handy to mention what to dry hop into hey?

• Haha 1

On 15/01/2021 at 9:14 PM, Eltham Brewing House said:

I am learning as I go and would like to add dry hops to my first brew (Coopers Original Pale Ale). Can I add the dry hops to the brew just before bottling or 24 hours before bottling. I have the dry hop filter and bottling adapter

I will be bottling my Coopers Original Pale Ale tomorrow into Glosch 450ml swing lid bottles after dry hopping in St/Steel mesh bomb with 15gm Cascade + 15gm Challenger for 36 hours.

I forgot to sterilize the bomb but it was just purchased off the shelf a couple of days ago so hopefully I do not have any issues. Keeping my fingers crossed. Just took a sample and it shows a lot of promise. "Her indoors" didn't mind it and she is not a beer drinker so that's encouraging 

Edited by Eltham Brewing House
  • Upvote 2