Brew Droid addiction

Eltham Brauhaus

I have just bought my 2nd Droid before my first brew has been bottled from my 1st Droid. Both were from unwanted homes so total outlay for the two units is $1,000 or $550 each which I think is pretty good value. Maybe I am compulsive obsessive??? I am 72 years old but I believe you are never to old to learn something new.

Edited by Eltham Brewing House
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Eltham Brewing House said:

I have just bought my 2nd Droid before my first brew has been bottled from my 1st Droid. Both were from unwanted homes so total outlay for the two units is $1,000 or $550 each which I think is pretty good value. Maybe I am compulsive obsessive??? I am 72 years old but I believe you are never to old to learn something new.

Good work, two droids is a good number, it gives you scope for getting your brews out to 6-10 weeks secondary, where the flavours really excell.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 17/01/2021 at 7:18 AM, Eltham Brewing House said:

OMG, I have just received notification that my first brew is ready to keg and I feel like an expectant father😃

Eltham,

I just bottled my first batch. Of course I had to taste it - lovely brewprint called Irish Red Ale. Yum.

I too am searching for a good deal on a second Droid!!! All the best!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Commander Robo-Timo said:

Eltham,

I just bottled my first batch. Of course I had to taste it - lovely brewprint called Irish Red Ale. Yum.

I too am searching for a good deal on a second Droid!!! All the best!!

I trolled Ebay, Gumtree and Facebook Market Place to find both of my Beer Droids, For my 2nd one the seller was offering both the Driod and the Flo with kegs. I offered to quickly do a deal on the droid only and he went with it. You have to be aggressive.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Eltham Brewing House said:

I trolled Ebay, Gumtree and Facebook Market Place to find both of my Beer Droids, For my 2nd one the seller was offering both the Driod and the Flo with kegs. I offered to quickly do a deal on the droid only and he went with it. You have to be aggressive.

Good move. They are a bit precious at the moment as no new ones in stock for a while.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Eltham Brewing House said:

Yeah agreed, I spent a good few months looking around and was willing to do an 800k round trip to get one and lo and behold, someone from my town advertised one at basically full price. I did feel a bit bad offering half price ($300) but two days later, they accepted. Keep i  mind when you are buying a second hand unit, you aren't getting a warranty, so the price should reflect it

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

Yeah agreed, I spent a good few months looking around and was willing to do an 800k round trip to get one and lo and behold, someone from my town advertised one at basically full price. I did feel a bit bad offering half price ($300) but two days later, they accepted. Keep i  mind when you are buying a second hand unit, you aren't getting a warranty, so the price should reflect it

Well done ! Most of the sellers do not realize that Beer Droids are not in stock around the country due to the Covid lock down etc. so they have no idea of the current resale value.

Edited by Eltham Brewing House

52 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

A little patience pays of eventually 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Eltham Brewing House said:

Well done ! Most of the sellers do not realize that Beer Droids are not in stock around the country due to the Covid lock down etc. so they have no idea of the current resale value.

Jeez, I didn't even realise that they weren't in stock, that's a game changer in resale then. No point in claiming I can pay a bit extra and get warranty  when you can't put your hands on one in the short term.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Eltham Brewing House said:

A little patience pays of eventually 

There is one being advertised in Connecticut, near where I live. He listed it as new, 'an unwanted gift' and wants full price. If he doesn't want it.....

:)

I'm trying to be patient until maybe it becomes 'an unwanted box taking up space.'

In my neck of the woods, Rhode Island, I don't know of any other droiders....

10 minutes ago, Commander Robo-Timo said:

There is one being advertised in Connecticut, near where I live. He listed it as new, 'an unwanted gift' and wants full price. If he doesn't want it.....

:)

I'm trying to be patient until maybe it becomes 'an unwanted box taking up space.'

In my neck of the woods, Rhode Island, I don't know of any other droiders....

Full price, ridiculous and he doesn’t want it. I’d send him a message saying BrewArt 2 to 3 times a year (eg Fathers Day) offer up to 20% off, you don’t get a warranty if you buy from him and you’ll offer ( what’s 50% $?) cash, straight away. He may say bugger it just to move it on. I did that here, brand new in the box for $400 Aust. (New $799).

Good luck.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Full price, ridiculous and he doesn’t want it. I’d send him a message saying BrewArt 2 to 3 times a year (eg Fathers Day) offer up to 20% off, you don’t get a warranty if you buy from him and you’ll offer ( what’s 50% $?) cash, straight away. He may say bugger it just to move it on. I did that here, brand new in the box for $400 Aust. (New $799).

Good luck.

Not too many people in the northern hemisphere say bugger, Captain. 🙂 

But, yes, I plan to shoot for about 50% cash and pickup. We will see. I will use the additional arguments to help convince my wife ( who seemed to happily help me bottle yesterday).

5 minutes ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Good luck.

29 minutes ago, Commander Robo-Timo said:

Not too many people in the northern hemisphere say bugger, Captain. 🙂 

But, yes, I plan to shoot for about 50% cash and pickup. We will see. I will use the additional arguments to help convince my wife ( who seemed to happily help me bottle yesterday).

Good move, tell the good woman that you’ll name the new droid after her “Mrs Robo-Timo” 😀

• Haha 1

On 17/01/2021 at 11:06 PM, Eltham Brewing House said:

So with my two Droids I have my 1st batch in the cupboard undergoing secondary fermentation, 2nd batch nearing EOF and bottling and my 3rd batch propagating. I am excited😃

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Eltham Brewing House said:

So with my two Droids I have my 1st batch in the cupboard undergoing secondary fermentation, 2nd batch nearing EOF and bottling and my 3rd batch propagating. I am excited😃

It's a good life when both droids are going. You can set it up that you can brew more than you're drinking and just get those few extra weeks in secondary and when you get there, you can laugh and think, "I'll keep up with the droid now"