The Droid and the App not agreeing on brewing time

Eltham Brauhaus

I have two Droids brewing at the moment. One in my sunroom with Thomas Coopers Artisan Reserve and the other one in my garage with Bavarian Lager. The brewing time for the Coopers is the same on the Droid screen and the app however the Bavarian brewing time on the Droid screen reads 3 days, 9 hours and on the app is reads 6 days??? I think I started both brews via the app and 6 days of brewing on the app for the Bavarian is correct.
Why would the Droid screen of the Bavarian be incorrect and what should I do about if anything?

2 hours ago, Eltham Brewing House said:
I have two Droids brewing at the moment. One in my sunroom with Thomas Coopers Artisan Reserve and the other one in my garage with Bavarian Lager. The brewing time for the Coopers is the same on the Droid screen and the app however the Bavarian brewing time on the Droid screen reads 3 days, 9 hours and on the app is reads 6 days??? I think I started both brews via the app and 6 days of brewing on the app for the Bavarian is correct.
Why would the Droid screen of the Bavarian be incorrect and what should I do about if anything?

Daylight savings.

Interesting one maybe contact Liam at Brewart and he can tap into your droid (he's like the government with those QR codes) and do an analysis

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Eltham Brewing House said:

Its a factor that won't affect the brew but it needs to be sorted.

There is an FAQ on the BrewArt site about this, but in a nutshell...

The App calculates the brewing time from when it was advised the brew started, so this will be closer to reality.

The Droid calculates brewing time based on how long it has been powered on. So if you have had power failures during the brew, the Droid will report shorter brewing times than the App by the duration of the power outages.

Your Brew will not be affected.

If you have not had power failures, then absolutely get Liam to look into it.

Cheers.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2