Ruby Porter question

Hi all,

I’m about to start a Ruby Porter which will be transferred to a 10lt carbonated keg when ready.

My question is: do I still need to use the two H9 sachets (I’m assuming they’re the primer), or do I discard them. If I do need to use them, when?

Thanks in advance,

Ian

3 hours ago, Ian Brady said:

Hi all,

I’m about to start a Ruby Porter which will be transferred to a 10lt carbonated keg when ready.

My question is: do I still need to use the two H9 sachets (I’m assuming they’re the primer), or do I discard them. If I do need to use them, when?

Thanks in advance,

Ian

I believe you add them to the droid at end of fermentation and then keg 24 to 48 hours later.

Captain 3 Droids,

Firstly, thanks for your advice on my first brew the Coopers Pale Ale, it’s now kegged without any problems.

So, on the Ruby Porter; if I’m to add the H9 at the kegging stage I assume I can’t use the iKegger method of cleaning then filling  the keg, I’ll have to use your method of transferring the beer to the keg, then purging it, is that correct?

cheers,

Ian

53 minutes ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Not quite right, they are hops in a liquid form, add to your keg as you put the fermented beer in.

Not quite right, they are hops in a liquid form, add to your keg as you put the fermented beer in.

I bottle so was thinking differently.

1 hour ago, Ian Brady said:

Captain 3 Droids,

Firstly, thanks for your advice on my first brew the Coopers Pale Ale, it’s now kegged without any problems.

So, on the Ruby Porter; if I’m to add the H9 at the kegging stage I assume I can’t use the iKegger method of cleaning then filling  the keg, I’ll have to use your method of transferring the beer to the keg, then purging it, is that correct?

cheers,

Ian

Correct, with the Ikegger way add the liquid hops in the droid as if bottling or use my method.

44 minutes ago, Ian Brady said:

Sorry, I’ve just te-read your answer, how and when would I add the H9 to the Droid as if I was bottling?

If you were bottli ng the brew, then (what I do) is wait for it to hit ready to keg, then pour both hops sachets in. I just let them disipate into the brew over 24-48 hours, then bottle. You can stir if you like but would need to be careful and the spoon be sanitised, not stiring never hurt me 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3