What is A "P"?

Jerry Roe

I am about to brew American Pale Ale and I have come across two cylindrical pouches, labeled, "P." what is in this pouch and when do apply the contents to the wort? Also, I have two pouches of dry hops. Do I still apply the hops after the cycles is complete and let it sit for 24 hours.

My thanks in advance!

Edited by Jerry Roe
Spelling

3 hours ago, Jerry Roe said:

I am about to brew American Pale Ale and I have come across two cylindrical pouches, labeled, "P." what is in this pouch and when do apply the contents to the wort? Also, I have two pouches of dry hops. Do I still apply the hops after the cycles is complete and let it sit for 24 hours.

My thanks in advance!

Hi Jerry. The “P” pouches are a primer (type of sugar for carbonation) if you are kegging. Now with the hops are they the liquid sachets? If so you add one to each keg if kegging or to the droid for 24hrs if bottling. If they are the hop pellets - “D” pouches then they are added directly into the droid using the Dry Hop feature which is now a Custom Mode program with the latest P017 firmware update. You need the Droid filter setup for this. Suggest you go to BrewArt 101 and look at the video’s.

If you have not set the dry hop feature and don’t have the filter then you need to add to the droid for 24hrs+ using a sterilised hop bag or hop bomb.

Edited by Captain 3 Droids
  • Upvote 1