What does conditioning mean?

Hi all,

Im currently day 5 into brewing a Lighthouse Pale Ale and my phone app has said “conditioning has been reached”, what does this mean, and what should I do if anything?

Sorry for the possibility dumb question, but the brew prints don’t come with any form of instructions.

Cheers,

Ian

Hi Ian. Conditioning is about carbonation of the beer and shouldn’t be stated during the brewing process. You sure it is referring to the beer your currently brewing and not one that you have already kegged or bottle. The default setting on the app is two weeks after bottling or kegging and at that time a message will be sent stating the name of a brew and that brew conditioning has been reached, meaning the 2 weeks is up and should now be carbonated for consumption.

Cheers

G’day again Captain,

for the three brews I’ve made so far, I’ve been carbonating the kegs as soon as I’ve decanted the beer from the Droid to the keg. Should I wait until I get the conditioning notification before I carbonate the brews, does it make any difference to the end result?

cheers,

Ian

27 minutes ago, Ian Brady said:

G’day again Captain,

for the three brews I’ve made so far, I’ve been carbonating the kegs as soon as I’ve decanted the beer from the Droid to the keg. Should I wait until I get the conditioning notification before I carbonate the brews, does it make any difference to the end result?

cheers,

Ian

Personally I’d carbonate the kegs straight away as conditioning will happen whilst doing this. As a general rule carbonation (other than co2 gas set up) takes 2 weeks so that can be time lost. Also if you leave it you have to open the keg up to prime which is not the best thing.

Cheers

Must’ve been a notification from the “shelf—kegs” part of the app.  

As the captain says it’s 2wk default which you can adjust on the app   

be warned   Don’t bother drinking prior to 2 weeks    Tastes like shandy without the lemon! 🤣

E8BA4437-56D7-48A3-9372-4384C1F6AE56.jpeg

010E9ED5-D3CC-4078-BDFD-7F30572B440D.jpeg

5C185C11-CC5F-4D75-953B-56D1AB59DFEA.jpeg

Edited by J P
Autocorrect error
  • Thanks 1