Leaking window

Rob Jones

Has anyone got advice for this poor Beerdroid owner? I noticed discoloration behind the seal where the light is situated on the inside of the droid. The droid is over two years old and I dont have the receipt so Brewart dont appear to be able to help. So I added a bead of food grade silicon around the discolored area and now I can see liquid half way up the window? As if the silicon made it worse?? I have now taken the silicon off and the liquid has not disappeared. Any thoughts or ideas to assist would be greatly appreciated as I am drowning my sorrows that there may not be too many brews left in this baby.

Beerdroid pic1.jpg

9 hours ago, Rob Jones said:

Has anyone got advice for this poor Beerdroid owner? I noticed discoloration behind the seal where the light is situated on the inside of the droid. The droid is over two years old and I dont have the receipt so Brewart dont appear to be able to help. So I added a bead of food grade silicon around the discolored area and now I can see liquid half way up the window? As if the silicon made it worse?? I have now taken the silicon off and the liquid has not disappeared. Any thoughts or ideas to assist would be greatly appreciated as I am drowning my sorrows that there may not be too many brews left in this baby.

Beerdroid pic1.jpg

Hi Rob, sorry about your predicament. For water to get between the glass the leak must be from the inside of the Droid. The trouble is, from the bottom, middle or top of the viewing window. 

You may have to leave the droid empty for a few days in the hope that the liquid will evaporate or even tilt the unit back to aid draining. If you do this you need to then let the droid sit upright for a few hours for the oil in the compressor to stabilise.

Once the liquid is gone I’d wipe food grade silicone gel around the the glass edge inside the droid. You don’t have to smear heaps, just enough to get into the edges where the glass meets the droid. This gel will not effect any brewing and just do it as part of your cleaning/preparation for each brew.

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

• Upvote 1