Thomas Cooper Celebration Ale

• 1 month later...
On 23/03/2021 at 8:37 PM, Rob Courtney said:

be interested on your thoughts on this one

See above but I’m having a few now, it is a brilliant ale and like it’s “brother” the Artisan Reserve. I’ll be brewing a few. Good winter drink as well but hey I’ll have stouts in summer and now lagers in winter, it’s what you enjoy.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am 5 days into my T.C. Celebration Ale and I am experiencing an overflow eruption from the release vent. There is nothing about this in the Shem Sheet.  I did add the 2 x H1 liquid hop sachets on day 4 (probably prematurely) so I am wondering if this was the cause. I have smelt and tasted a sample and it is fine. Any comments or does shit just happen??

Edited by Eltham Brewing House

1 hour ago, Eltham Brewing House said:

I am 5 days into my T.C. Celebration Ale and I am experiencing an overflow eruption from the release vent. There is nothing about this in the Shem Sheet.  I did add the 2 x H1 liquid hop sachets on day 4 (probably prematurely) so I am wondering if this was the cause. I have smelt and tasted a sample and it is fine. Any comments or does shit just happen??

How long until fermentation start detected? I’ve brewed this twice with EOF at 11 and 10 days so going on that a 5 day overflow wouldn’t surprise, good sign of a very active Krause.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

How long until fermentation start detected? I’ve brewed this twice with EOF at 11 and 10 days so going on that a 5 day overflow wouldn’t surprise, good sign of a very active Krause.

I was a bit surprised but not worried as the eruptions are a good thing. Its just that the Shem Sheet doesn't mention a possible overflow for this brew. In addition it states that its a 5 to 7 day brewing time and that's why I added the hops sachet at day 4.

11 hours ago, Eltham Brewing House said:

I was a bit surprised but not worried as the eruptions are a good thing. Its just that the Shem Sheet doesn't mention a possible overflow for this brew. In addition it states that its a 5 to 7 day brewing time and that's why I added the hops sachet at day 4.

The Shem Sheet quotes the BrewArt recipe profile (rightly so) however that’s just a guide so the reason I record my EOF times. Yeast performance can certainly play a part in fermentation starts and build up to strong activity.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
On 14/7/21 at 5:59 PM, Eltham Brewing House said:

How did it turn out if you can recall?

6 hours ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

How did it turn out if you can recall?

From my journal "80 gm Maltodextrin added at start up, hops sachets added end day 4, EOF end of 9 days. Tasted at 3months, brilliant. Even better at 4 months. Coffee and burnt caramel under tones
At 5 months very smooth & malty."

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Eltham Brewing House said:

From my journal

You know I thing it’s great in keeping simple notes/ journals etc. I can go back to the first brew in the first Droid, March 2019. What it is, ingredients, brew date, kegging date and rated out of 10. Have done for ever brew other than the rating, those I just know now are so good.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

You know I thing it’s great in keeping simple notes/ journals etc. I can go back to the first brew in the first Droid, March 2019. What it is, ingredients, brew date, kegging date and rated out of 10. Have done for ever brew other than the rating, those I just know now are so good.

Thanks for the rating tip. I have gone through the apps journal and updated each brew. I ended up with quite a few 8/10, 9/10 & 10/10

• Like 1

On 8/3/22 at 8:19 AM, Captain 3 Droids said:

Enjoying so much another in the Droid today.

This one should be interesting. Realised use a E3 instead of X3. So see what we get. Will this put it near a West Coast style brew?

With E1, 2 x E2, E5, E3 (not X3), Y2. Will be dry hopping with 20g ea Amarillo & Sequoia 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/22 at 9:45 AM, Captain 3 Droids said:

This one should be interesting. Realised use a E3 instead of X3. So see what we get. Will this put it near a West Coast style brew?

With E1, 2 x E2, E5, E3 (not X3), Y2. Will be dry hopping with 20g ea Amarillo & Sequoia 

Well, the error of E3 instead of X3 worked a treat. Going to do it again.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...