My BeerDroid continuous E1 errors, not cooling

Richard Collins

Apparently, my BeerDroid has died after 4/5 years and about 7-8 brews total. I know, I've been moving a lot in the last 4 years and have not been able to brew. Has anyone been able to repair their beerdroid. I cannot buy another one for the number of brews I've gotten out of it.  It doesn't make any sense. Really sad.  

24 minutes ago, Richard Collins said:

Apparently, my BeerDroid has died after 4/5 years and about 7-8 brews total. I know, I've been moving a lot in the last 4 years and have not been able to brew. Has anyone been able to repair their beerdroid. I cannot buy another one for the number of brews I've gotten out of it.  It doesn't make any sense. Really sad.  

Did you fill to the10l mark?

You could trying turning off and restarting the program.

From the manual:-

BREWART BY COOPERS

Operating Error Codes

During operation you may receive the following error codes

Error Code E1

Description
A heating or
cooling error has
been detected
Cause
Cause 1: The unit has failed
to heat or cool your brew to
the target temperature within
an acceptable time limit.
Cause 2: The level of your
brew is too low. Note the unit
must be filled to the 10L level
for correct operation.
User Action
1. Check liquid level
2. Accept error and
continue the program,
if error re-occurs please
visit brewart.com/101
where you will find FAQs
and trouble shooting
information. If this does
not help resolve your
issue, please contact
customer service
  • Upvote 1

Hey Richard, that's disappointing.

What the Captain said is a good starting point. Some additional things you may also wish to try.

Have you upgraded the firmware to the latest? I know some of the firmware updates improved the temperature control where your issue seems to be.

Fill the droid with water only, start a custom program with a low propagate temperature so it is forced to cool, say 10C/50F. Let it run for a few hours and acknowledge any E1 errors along the way, then abort the program. This will generate a compact data set to analyse.

Contact BrewArt support and ask them look over the data to determine the cause and an appropriate fix if any.

Putting my diagnostics hat on, my guess is that in all the moving you may have fatigued the internal pipe welds, causing the gas to leak out and therefore the cooling failure. Depending on where the gas leak is, it may be repaired and re-gassed by any household refrigeration technician.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

I vaguely recall reading on the forum that someone successfully had their BrewFlo re-gassed, so fingers crossed!

Cheers,

xpsTech

Edited by xpsTech
grammar
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I've got 10L in it, I'll try the water thing next. The customer service at BrewArt said it was dead and since it was over a year old they would send me a discount for a new one. I don't want to go through a BeerDroid every  years. That's not really worth it in my opinion. Especially with so few beers gone through it.

3 minutes ago, Richard Collins said:

I've got 10L in it, I'll try the water thing next. The customer service at BrewArt said it was dead and since it was over a year old they would send me a discount for a new one. I don't want to go through a BeerDroid every  years. That's not really worth it in my opinion. Especially with so few beers gone through it.

That’s a pity Richard, as xpsTech mentioned all the moves may have caused the problem. They are great units, so much so I have 3.  I’ve brewed 97 recipes in the first one, 85 in the second and 77 in the 3rd unit. It’s like a lot of electrical/mechanical things these days, the more they are used the longer they seem to go.

So don’t give up, brew brew brew🍻

• Upvote 2