Brew Flo launches into error after 10 or so minutes

Anthony Dalton

Hey all,

Was really excited this morning, I had planned to sample my first brew this evening. Put the keg in the Brew Flo this morning before work. When I got home at lunchtime the unit was in error (E3). I turned it on again, then after ten minutes the same deal. It is definitely cooling when its on, but keeps finding error. I had not connected any of the lines to the keg because it was my understanding that I do that after the keg has chilled.

Any feedback or guidance will be appreciated.

1 hour ago, Anthony Dalton said:

Hey all,

Was really excited this morning, I had planned to sample my first brew this evening. Put the keg in the Brew Flo this morning before work. When I got home at lunchtime the unit was in error (E3). I turned it on again, then after ten minutes the same deal. It is definitely cooling when its on, but keeps finding error. I had not connected any of the lines to the keg because it was my understanding that I do that after the keg has chilled.

Any feedback or guidance will be appreciated.

Hi Anthony and welcome.

Do you have the black plastic elbow connected to the air line?

In you leave this in without connecting to your keg then once you close the lid the compressor will engage in an attempt to pressurise the keg. Once the compressor has run continuously for a set period without sensing some back pressure in the line it will shut off and throw the error.

If this is what is occurring, switch the unit off completely. Unplug the black elbow piece, close the lid, turn it back on and and give it another try.

Please let us know how you go.

Cheers.

• 6 months later...