brewdroid to stainless keg American pale ale

spattah

Hi, still can't believe I don't need to filter the beer from the brew-droid to the keg? so all I need is attach hose and let it flow into the keg? the brewprint has hops extract that I add later. but how is it possible to not need filtered? I still freshly remember what I poured in when I started the brew, lol 

11 minutes ago, spattah said:

Hi, still can't believe I don't need to filter the beer from the brew-droid to the keg? so all I need is attach hose and let it flow into the keg? the brewprint has hops extract that I add later. but how is it possible to not need filtered? I still freshly remember what I poured in when I started the brew, lol 

Nearly all the sediment has settled below the tap level meaning that sediment in the brew is minimal. Case in point is I bottle and before I had a hops filter with a fine mesh filter, I'd always try to not pour the last 10mls of a bottle in because that was what had the sediment in it. I mean it didn't make a huge difference but it made a clear lager a little more hazy maybe.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, spattah said:

Hi again spattah. If using hop bags or the stainless hop bombs then sediment in the brew is limited and does settle to the bottom. In addition if you do cold crash (store mode) then this drops more sediment out of solution (cleans the beer up) and hardens at the bottom.

2 hours ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Hi again spattah. If using hop bags or the stainless hop bombs then sediment in the brew is limited and does settle to the bottom. In addition if you do cold crash (store mode) then this drops more sediment out of solution (cleans the beer up) and hardens at the bottom.

thanks, makes sense. I was just curious where the ingredients would be going. I guess I never thought of settling on the bottom. 

on the 7th day and 19 hours brewing. how does it determine how long it should take? approx brew time, 6-9 days. 

5 minutes ago, spattah said:

thanks, makes sense. I was just curious where the ingredients would be going. I guess I never thought of settling on the bottom. 

on the 7th day and 19 hours brewing. how does it determine how long it should take? approx brew time, 6-9 days. 

The 6-9 days is an estimation i would assume through experience and has that range due to factors such as yeast condition, pitching temperature etc. The EOF by the Driod is explained best here:-

https://community.brewart.com/topic/111-fermentation-test/?do=findComment&comment=4567

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

The 6-9 days is an estimation i would assume through experience and has that range due to factors such as yeast condition, pitching temperature etc. The EOF by the Driod is explained best here:-

https://community.brewart.com/topic/111-fermentation-test/?do=findComment&comment=4567

well thats cool!!! 

• Upvote 2