Storing beer in Beerdroid longer term

Hi everyone, I have recently purchased the ikegger and have a batch conditioning in the fridge. I am wondering if I can brew another beer, and store it in the Beerdroid after it completes fermentation, while I wait for the ikegger to become available? (2-4 weeks away)

If so, is it better kept at storage or kegging temperature? 

Unrelated, but with the batch of Weissbier in the ikegger, is fridge temperature too low to condition the beer efffectively?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nathan Bradshaw said:

Hi everyone, I have recently purchased the ikegger and have a batch conditioning in the fridge. I am wondering if I can brew another beer, and store it in the Beerdroid after it completes fermentation, while I wait for the ikegger to become available? (2-4 weeks away)

Unrelated, but with the batch of Weissbier in the ikegger, is fridge temperature too low to condition the beer efffectively?

Hi Nathan, you can store your brew in the Droid indefinitely. There are users that have let it go for > 99 days. You're best to store at storage temperature.

Your Weissbier can condition in the fridge. It's only necessary to maintain warmer temperatures if you are carbonating naturally with primers (sugars).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Nathan Bradshaw said:

Thanks Dustin, does that contribute to conditioning/secondary fermentation while in storage mode? This would be for beer that I wouldn't use primers, but instead will force carbonate after it is kegged

Yes certainly, you can count the time in storage mode as conditioning should you wish. It's really just dependant on your tastes.

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...
On 11/02/2022 at 3:50 AM, Nathan Bradshaw said:

Hi everyone, I have recently purchased the ikegger and have a batch conditioning in the fridge. I am wondering if I can brew another beer, and store it in the Beerdroid after it completes fermentation, while I wait for the ikegger to become available here? (2-4 weeks away)

Yes, you can brew another beer and store it in the Beerdroid after fermentation. It's best to keep it at storage temperature until you're ready to keg it. As for the Weissbier in the ikegger, fridge temperature might be too low for effective conditioning. Consider a slightly warmer environment for optimal results.

• Upvote 1