Keg liner screen?

Hello,

Recently tried kegging a dry hop brew. Went to put in the primer and was met with a plastic screen? It wouldn't drop in so went ahead and continued only for it to start leaking when filling up. Are the liners meant to have this? I don't remember the first 6 or so having these.... They're pretty on there and don't budge. Shoving the spear in wouldn't even get it to move out of the way....

20220305_001147.jpg

26 minutes ago, Thecoquiss said:

Hello,

Recently tried kegging a dry hop brew. Went to put in the primer and was met with a plastic screen? It wouldn't drop in so went ahead and continued only for it to start leaking when filling up. Are the liners meant to have this? I don't remember the first 6 or so having these.... They're pretty on there and don't budge. Shoving the spear in wouldn't even get it to move out of the way....

20220305_001147.jpg

Hi Thecoquiss and welcome to the forum.

Did you purchase these keg liners recently?

There was an older style liner that was in use before the keg spears were added to the system. It had a plastic flap near the filler neck. I'm not sure if your example is one of these. I suspect not if it doesn't budge.

You're probably best to contact Brewart directly via the 'Contact Us' form on your app or this webpage and send them your photo for comment. They will help you out.

In the interim you could put your brew into storage mode in the Droid, bottle or try another set of liners if you have any.

Please let us know how you go.

Cheers.