First brew

Thanks Cap for the welcome!

I do love my Pale Ale’s and are looking forward to trying some of the various varieties.

But just for now was looking for quick and easy “get to know you” brew.

The English Pub Draught sounds just the ticket!!!

I intend to post as I go. Thanks again…

• Like 2

Welcome Gus, you've found a good place to start on your brewing adventure with your R2beer2.

Lots of experience and knowledge to be found here.

The English Pub Draught sounds a good way to start but all of the BrewPrints are easy.

Just add your water, try starting by leaving the 10 litres of water out if using tap water or boiling first to remove any chlorine/chloramines.

Otherwise, just add the dry ingredients, then the yeast and off you go.

If you want any help, don't hesitate to ask and once you are keen to learn more after a few BrewPrints, there is a lot of information in this forum and on the Facebook group to help you clone your favourite commercial Pale Ale.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

740ml PET bottles used for my first time (I intend moving to long neck glass after next brew)

2 carbonation drops per bottle

Stored @ around 16-18C in cupboard . Had some very cold nights when in storage but wouldn’t have dropped below 14C 

5 minutes ago, HoppyGus said:

740ml PET bottles used for my first time (I intend moving to long neck glass after next brew)

2 carbonation drops per bottle

Stored @ around 16-18C in cupboard . Had some very cold nights when in storage but wouldn’t have dropped below 14C 

Well your on the way particularly as it tastes good. There are two things 1) good carbonation at the early stage (2 weeks) requires a steady ambient temperature between 18C and 22C. Just below 18c will slow carbonation down and at 14C woukd nearly stop. So I suggest you leave a week or two at warmer temperatures ( putting a blanket or jacket over them really helps.

2) English Pub Draught is not a very “heady” brew, sort of traditional English style. So if it tastes ok, not flat and with carbonation bubbles in the glass your all ok with this one.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...