Have I ruined my first brew?

Brew 1 successfully transferred to my 10lt ikegger. 

Connected new soda stream bottle via gas line to keg. Regulator set to 10psi. 

Sodastream bottle unknowingly fell over. Entire bottle now empty!! Unsure there was a leak no athmosphere  no leaks detected when first set up 

Have I ruined the beer?

31 minutes ago, Liquid Gold said:

Brew 1 successfully transferred to my 10lt ikegger. 

Connected new soda stream bottle via gas line to keg. Regulator set to 10psi. 

Sodastream bottle unknowingly fell over. Entire bottle now empty!! Unsure there was a leak no athmosphere  no leaks detected when first set up 

Have I ruined the beer?

I assume the gas loss was directly from the soda stream bottle. Beer shouldn’t be ruined but may need continued carbonation.

2 minutes ago, Liquid Gold said:

Thanks. So whack another bottle on and set reg to 10-12psi again. 

Assume I leave the reg open and as the co2 is absorbed the pressure drops and more co2 enters? How long should I leave it like this?

Yes leave the reg open, you will not over carbonate the beer but you will need to leave about 72hrs. I take it your doing this in the fridge at around 3 to 4C?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Liquid Gold said:

Ok great. I’ll ensure I make room for keg 2. Should I,after Kegging, at 18deg from droid, put in fridge for a day to cool and then connect co2?

If your wanting to carbonate straight away, in other words not leaving the beer to mature, then in the fridge and connect the co2 straight away. As the keg cools it will absorbb co2.

6 hours ago, Liquid Gold said:

Ok. So is it best to mature without co2 for say 2wks and then carbonate?

and is it best to mature at room temp or in fridge?

im in no hurry. 

Mature at room temperature. Once you have filled your keg you need to purge the air out of the head space in the keg with co2. This is not carbonation just removing most of the air/oxygen and replacing with co2. Do this by connecting co2 at 10psi + and releasing the pressure release valve (prv) about 5 times with short burst. This will remove most of the air and provide a co2 cover over your beer. Once done remove the co2 line.