Enhancer comparison

G'day Legends and Larrikins.

Is there a cross reference, or comparison guide between the Brewart ingredient enhancers and the boxed Coopers Brew Enhancers? I inherited a bunch of Brewart ingredients and I am trying to piece them together to make different Brewprints, but I am missing some enhancers. Could I swap them for comparable Coopers products and expect similar results?

Thanks in advance!

4 hours ago, Lucky said:

G'day Legends and Larrikins.

Is there a cross reference, or comparison guide between the Brewart ingredient enhancers and the boxed Coopers Brew Enhancers? I inherited a bunch of Brewart ingredients and I am trying to piece them together to make different Brewprints, but I am missing some enhancers. Could I swap them for comparable Coopers products and expect similar results?

Thanks in advance!

I know @Captain 3 Droids swaps some some ingredients around but I do not think it is a whole lot. I remember once asking Liam what i could use to replace an E5 (I think) as i was short one and sadly, the best option was for me to make that brew i was short last and order more ingredients just before i got to make it

8 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

I know @Captain 3 Droids swaps some some ingredients around but I do not think it is a whole lot. I remember once asking Liam what i could use to replace an E5 (I think) as i was short one and sadly, the best option was for me to make that brew i was short last and order more ingredients just before i got to make it

Experimentation is fun and swapping one in a recipe shouldn’t result in any major disasters. I once accidentally used an E3 instead of an X3 (Thomas Cooper Celebration Ale) and the result was such that I did it deliberately for 2 other brews

if you want put your suggestions here for comment eg recipe has these ingredients……, don’t have this……… but have these……..

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for a slow reply guys.

Thanks to you all. @Wazza_wantsbeer that thread was full of handy info! In particular, X5=dextrose, mind blown! Not only does that mean the missing X5 can be replaced, but I can buy it locally for about $6/kg instead of $14/kg as a brewart ingredient. I enjoy a crisp, dry beer, so as far as I have gathered, dextrose is my friend.

It would have made it too easy if there was a straight swap between Brewart ingredients and DIYbeer ingredients... like Brew Enhancer 2 is the same as X2... but I guess I can always experiment and let the product descriptions guide suitability for alternatives to ingredients I'm missing.

For now I am enjoying the low carb dry lager, and thanks to my inherited ingredients and dextrose, I can fill another 2 corny's and only had to buy the yeast and hops to finish off the brewprints. After that I'll see what concoctions I can piece together with the rest. What's the worst that could happen? Drink too much beer?

• Like 1