Dry hop prompt went AWOL...

dcm

So I was just running a "rapid river ale"  through the 'droid (can't be drinking 8.8% iipa ALL the time, sometimes we need to pace ourselves with a simple 7.5%er).

The odd thing was that I missed the "dry hop" alert.  It fermented for 7 whole days and then went straight to kegging.

I was wondering  if I somehow saw the hops prompt and cancelled it but I think not.

I threw in the dry hops at EOF.  They will have 2 days at kegging temperature before the 'droid cold crashes it anyway so it will probably be ok.

Looking at the app, there's no mention of dry hopping on it either.  It's like the whole stage just got missed somehow.

The only thing unusual I did with that brewprint was that I aerated the mix before pitching the yeast to see if I could avoid the yeast attenuation I suspect I've sometimes seen.

It is a bit of a mystery though.  I double-checked and it was definitely a dry hop recipe.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, dcm said:

So I was just running a "rapid river ale"  through the 'droid (can't be drinking 8.8% iipa ALL the time, sometimes we need to pace ourselves with a simple 7.5%er).

The odd thing was that I missed the "dry hop" alert.  It fermented for 7 whole days and then went straight to kegging.

I was wondering  if I somehow saw the hops prompt and cancelled it but I think not.

I threw in the dry hops at EOF.  They will have 2 days at kegging temperature before the 'droid cold crashes it anyway so it will probably be ok.

Looking at the app, there's no mention of dry hopping on it either.  It's like the whole stage just got missed somehow.

The only thing unusual I did with that brewprint was that I aerated the mix before pitching the yeast to see if I could avoid the yeast attenuation I suspect I've sometimes seen.

It is a bit of a mystery though.  I double-checked and it was definitely a dry hop recipe.

Stupid question but you did it through the App?

22 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

Stupid question but you did it through the App?

Yes I did.  Added "rapid river ale" to my shelf and ran it from there, I even had the correct Brewart ingredients laying around for just this occasion 🙂  It showed up as a dry hop recipe on the app display and the app logo has the dry hop symbol.

Very strange...

• 2 weeks later...