Dry mix ingredients in the UK

Hi All

I recently bought a BeerDroid and have been brewing loads of BrewPrints and loving the result; however importing them into the UK is costing me a small fortune. I'm looking for alternative dry mix ingredients but don't know what to look for, specifically what the contents of the bags of enhancer and elements are. Is anyone able to shed some light on what I should be buying?

Cheers in advance

Matt

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Matt Robins said:

Hi All

I recently bought a BeerDroid and have been brewing loads of BrewPrints and loving the result; however importing them into the UK is costing me a small fortune. I'm looking for alternative dry mix ingredients but don't know what to look for, specifically what the contents of the bags of enhancer and elements are. Is anyone able to shed some light on what I should be buying?

Cheers in advance

Matt

Hi Matt and welcome to the forum. The Droid fermentation system works for any wort/recipe. That includes cans, pre made purchased fresh wort, dry mixes etc.

With the dry mixes advise the following however note that the E (elements) do contain hops in the manufacture, however there is the comparison with Coopers can extracts.

image.thumb.png.f15909f172c026dd1bb9d0fd3536284d.png

image.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 5 months later...

Hi all. Following up on this topic. I had been shipping to the Middle East but have had three prints go missing (not customs, just developing country postal system!). In short, the cost of shipping from Australia is not feasible - $80/brewprint with no delivery guarantee - so looking for other solutions. 

I'm in Europe at the moment and looking to bring back some dry supplies with me. Any suggestions on what (and where) to buy dry mix ingredients that I can hand carry back with me. Not too fussed on the recipes - just need some cold beer for the hot summer!!

Best. Matt

Ps. Also posted this in a related thread....

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Matt from Oz said:

Hi all. Following up on this topic. I had been shipping to the Middle East but have had three prints go missing (not customs, just developing country postal system!). In short, the cost of shipping from Australia is not feasible - $80/brewprint with no delivery guarantee - so looking for other solutions. 

I'm in Europe at the moment and looking to bring back some dry supplies with me. Any suggestions on what (and where) to buy dry mix ingredients that I can hand carry back with me. Not too fussed on the recipes - just need some cold beer for the hot summer!!

Best. Matt

Ps. Also posted this in a related thread....

Would it be cheaper to get the supplies from Brewart US?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Rob - I'll look into that, but the customs and unreliable post remains a problem. Finally got the delivery after 2 months....and various packets had been opened. Bringing them back in luggage would avoid this...but I'm not traveling to the US much.

1 hour ago, Matt from Oz said:

Thanks Rob - I'll look into that, but the customs and unreliable post remains a problem. Finally got the delivery after 2 months....and various packets had been opened. Bringing them back in luggage would avoid this...but I'm not traveling to the US much.

Ugggh, I can understand them opening them I guess but just frustrating. 

Would you be able to go down the old kit and kilo method with your beer making maybe?

I do have two droids, so I was able to split this into both droids without having to go down the "seal the tin with half ingredients for last time" route ( I could find C3Ds approach to doing that which was sound) but at least that way you could get brewing