Adding hops extract at start of fermentation

Hello all - so I got a bit excited with my first brew (Czech Pils) and dropped the hops extract in with the rest of the ingredients at the start of the brewing program. 💩 Will this ruin the brew and should I dump it and start again?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

G 'Day Neil, 

Welcome to BrewArt, that's great to hear you've started your first brew. Don't stress your beer will be fine :). It may have a little less hop aroma than intended, but it will still be a delicious drop. Sit back relax and let the BeerDroid let you know when your beer is ready to Keg/Bottle. 

Cheers

9 hours ago, Neil said:

Hello all - so I got a bit excited with my first brew (Czech Pils) and dropped the hops extract in with the rest of the ingredients at the start of the brewing program. 💩 Will this ruin the brew and should I dump it and start again?

Brewing is all about mistakes, some of them work out for the best.

As for this one , as the guys have said, it'll be fine, just a little less hops flavour.

Welcome to the forum BTW

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

Finally got around to sampling the Czech Pils 25 days after bottling. It had a good head and constant small bubbles. Taste for a Pils was a little bitter, but I put that down to adding the liquid hops too early. Definitely not a complete loss, though and I'll try it again in a couple of weeks. Thanks all for the information when I was getting started. I'm on my fourth brew already and feel a lot more comfortable with the process. 

PXL_20230913_020056510.jpg

• Like 1

Looking good Neil, 

Adding the liquid hops early shouldn't cause the beer to be bitter, The bitterness is from the Elements. Czech Pils beers are usually higher in bitterness than your usual lagers. Leave your beer in secondary fermentation for a little longer and the bitterness should mellow. 
If you brew the Czech Pils again and wat to reduce the bitterness, swap out one of the E1 Elements for an X1 Enhancer. 

Cheers