Hi All,

Brewed Rapid River and kegged 3 weeks ago. Noticed beer pooling between the top of the liner and the keg cap. Anyone have any experience salvaging this? Looks like maybe the primary fermentation had a bit to go. It's hard to understand where it's leaking from too, no beer has made it's way out of the keg so I guess from the screw cap thread of the liner into the cap. 

I am assuming when I put in the brewflow either beer will run out of the leaky liner into the keg, or air will start to make it's way into the liner once keg is pressurised (meaning I can't long term store a partial keg). Anyone have any experience with this?

My plan is to have a few drinks out of the keg over a day or so, and then fill my 2L growler for next weekend. 

Would love to hear any salvage stories (successful or otherwise).

1000020356.jpg

• Like 1

G 'Day @Brady Gentle

Sorry to see your Keg is leaking. It's not a very bad one so your brew should be completely salvageable. As long as the beer doesn't fill the neck, pop it in your BrewFlo and dispense it as normal. 

The culprit of the leak is likely a small air leak from the valves. If there is an air leak the Keg Liner can't hold the pressure of secondary fermentation and it can give way. My best advice is to get rid of those black O-rings under your vales, just use the white silicone O-rings between the Cap and the Valve. 

We added those black O-rings as a secondary seal, but they have been more harm than good. You can gently cut them off, and tighten your valves to seal the keg properly. 

Please feel free to ask if you have any questions. 

Cheers