Using wort in Beerdroid

Neil Mackenzie

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Neil,

I have completed the following brewprints Australian Larger and Aztec Cerveza and a Bombshell Blonde , both taste good but no carbonation when dispensing from the BrewFlow, when sitting the beer looks flat and at the price of brewprints I am in the process of the following

I put down a Deliverance Ultra , using %50 of the wort, storing the other, 

500g Dextrose, Steel Pac using 50%  and 15 g Morgans yeast, I have bottled with 2 carbonation drops and the carbonation is good so is the taste

Currently I have Beer Makers Bitter using  using %50 of the wort, storing the other,  500g Dextrose, and 15 g Morgans yeast,, when this is ready for bottling I will uses 80 g of dextrose to carbonate etc as I want to use my kegs with the BrewFlow

The above custom brews have been set to the following, Propagation 22 deg  C, Fermentation 12 deg C, Bottling 18 deg C

FYI

Have kegged a 5 litre of Australian Larger and carbonated the keg with 40 grams of dextrose (still waiting to see how it comes out of the brew flow

Will give some feed back on the outcomes

KW

Deliverance Ultra.MOV

Thanks Kevin, very interesting stuff. I have used a Deutsch lager for first brew, but have 3 x 20l worts sitting ready to go. But why the Dextrose?

Would be very interested if you think the wort route is better than the kit. You would think so! I also have a 5litre Ikegger but need to fix a seal first...................I will get there!

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 2:00 PM, Neil Mackenzie said:

Thanks Kevin, very interesting stuff. I have used a Deutsch lager for first brew, but have 3 x 20l worts sitting ready to go. But why the Dextrose?

Would be very interested if you think the wort route is better than the kit. You would think so! I also have a 5litre Ikegger but need to fix a seal first...................I will get there!

Edited by Kevin Weary

On 07/12/2017 at 6:01 PM, Neil Mackenzie said:

Thanks. And thanks for letting me know about Allin Brewing. I’ve asked if they ship to Adelaide, as they have a great range of worts 

Check your local Home Brew Shop as they might stock some FWK from All Inn or other breweries , I’m in Vic & my local stocks a lot of the All Inn kits so will save you postage as they cost almost double when you include shipping

• 1 year later...