Favourite sanitiser for Droid

michael lathlean

• 7 months later...

I buy the 2 litre (used to be able to get the 4l Diggers) of Coles brand demineralised water and add the 6ml of starsan via a 3ml syringe (no needle) available from a chemist or eBay.

i fill a spray bottle for easy spray jobs and  pour into kegs etc for larger use. As stated it is reusable. Remember it is not a cleaner but a sanitiser. It needs 2min contact and as it is a non rinse sanitiser you can be off and running in no time.

40 minutes ago, Barrelboy said:

I buy the 2 litre (used to be able to get the 4l Diggers) of Coles brand demineralised water and add the 6ml of starsan via a 3ml syringe (no needle) available from a chemist or eBay.

i fill a spray bottle for easy spray jobs and  pour into kegs etc for larger use. As stated it is reusable. Remember it is not a cleaner but a sanitiser. It needs 2min contact and as it is a non rinse sanitiser you can be off and running in no time.

Wow, you buy Demineralised water? That's dedication

Yep Starsan is reusable as long as the PH is under 3, it makes it very cost effective 

5 minutes ago, Beard Droid said:

Wow, you buy Demineralised water? That's dedication

Yep Starsan is reusable as long as the PH is under 3, it makes it very cost effective 

The demineralise water is only $1.60 and lasts for ages. I use it as I don’t like the initial cloudiness with Adelaide water, even when filtered. The demineralised water is crystal clear and is a good indication of your cleaning processes, that is impurities show up if your slack 🤭🙂 (it is cheaper per litre if you find the 4l container.

Archived