Apps and windows

dcm

I’ve done 1.5 brews via the Android app on my ancient Samsung S4.  Sadly, my S4 (which is a work tool) has just been replaced.  Instead of Android, I now have a windows phone.

Not good news for my Brewart app.

Given that my Beerdroid exposed a website during its setup phase (allowing me to select an SSID and credentials) I had kind of assumed that I could point a browser at it afterwards and manage it that way.

No dice…  I couldn’t even easily figure out which IP address it had pulled for itself – I had to run a port scanner to find it!

Is there supposed to be (or will there be through a firmware update) that will expose some kind of interface on the device so that we don’t have to worry about apps and OS dependencies?  Or, will there be something for mere Windows users?

That's a shame you don't have an Android or Apple phone to run the app on anymore.

I don't think BrewArt would bring out a Windows phone app since I don't think there would be enough users to make it worthwhile although I guess that is a question for BrewArt to answer.

I guess the easiest way to run the app would be to install an Android emulator on a PC but that won't help if you want to be able to use it on a mobile phone but at least you will have access to the BrewArt app.

39 minutes ago, Chris Dekens said:

That's a shame you don't have an Android or Apple phone to run the app on anymore.

I don't think BrewArt would bring out a Windows phone app since I don't think there would be enough users to make it worthwhile although I guess that is a question for BrewArt to answer.

I guess the easiest way to run the app would be to install an Android emulator on a PC but that won't help if you want to be able to use it on a mobile phone but at least you will have access to the BrewArt app.

Yes, I can do that or I can get my hands on an Android tablet easy enough but it did occur to me that making full control contingent on an app that is contingent on a particular type of smartphone might be limiting the addressable market.  I suspect the basic ingredients are there to expose a UI via a wifi connection or it least, host the app on a web site dropping the client side requirements back to a simple browser.  I'd like to see the architecture opened up a little.  Still, I recognise it's early days and something like this may well be on the cards.  I was pleased to see that the firmware can be easily updated.

Thanks,

Oh yeah that's right, the app will work on an android tablet or even an iPad if you have one.

I know that BrewArt took an extra few months to release the Android app after the Apple one so you might be lucky enough for them to release a Windows one. Maybe you can send an email to the tech support at BrewArt and see what they say.

Hmmm.....I put a link in for a work around to install androids apps on a window phone, but the forum returned a "moderator needs to approve this content" message. So I assume it will be a while before the post appears.

try a google search for running android or iOS apps in a windows phone.

Plenty of solutions and workarounds out there.

If you attach a file or link then the admin has to approve it.

I had the same thing happen when I tried to attach an excel document to another post.

It's in the terms and conditions for this forum since it is possible for someone to attach a bad file or link on here so they need to check it. I'm sure they will monitor these forums but since it is Friday night I guess they won't be back until Monday during work hours.

Edited by Chris Dekens
Fixed typo

• 4 years later...
On 27/01/2017 at 10:00 PM, Pursya said:

Hmmm.....I put a link in for a work around to install androids apps on a window phone, but the forum returned a "moderator needs to approve this content" message. So I assume it will be a while before the post appears.

try a google search for running android or iOS apps in a windows phone.

Plenty of solutions and workarounds out there.

Download "BlueStacks" to your PC then download The Brewart app