Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Nope no thread and in a brewart box . I have 2 of them arrive . I just cant see what they are for . I bought more brewprints , bottles , a keg kit and a few other niceties ( sanitiser, carbonation drops etc) . So i am stumped as well 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

Nope no thread and in a brewart box . I have 2 of them arrive . I just cant see what they are for . I bought more brewprints , bottles , a keg kit and a few other niceties ( sanitiser, carbonation drops etc) . So i am stumped as well 

The penny drops. I believe it sits in the keg before the cap goes on as it’s the “spear” for drawing the beer up to the Beerflo tap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm this is a new concept for me . So they go between the keg liner connector and the valve top ? . All my gear was previously second hand so might be they were lost in the post lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

Hmmm this is a new concept for me . So they go between the keg liner connector and the valve top ? . All my gear was previously second hand so might be they were lost in the post lol 

Looking at the keg assembly videos I now don’t think this is what is for? So still looking? Rob when he gets on here my know. Sorry about that.

Edited by Barrelboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just saw the video . Look at the keg spear video.  Its an updated version of the keg. Thank you for sending me on my fact finding mission. Great to see what this community is about . 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

I just saw the video . Look at the keg spear video.  Its an updated version of the keg. Thank you for sending me on my fact finding mission. Great to see what this community is about . 

 

Good one, so it’s for filling the keg, makes sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No its like you said , its an improved keg assembly and looks like it draw from the bottom of the keg all the time. So use the liner connector and fill like normal , then add this new spear and put the new keg connector cap on . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Correction- I was right in the first place and then confused myself. 🤪

Not hard to do if you haven’t had a beer for the day😭. But tomorrow will be a different story.🍻🍺🍻🍺🍺🍺🍺.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Paul84 said:

Thinking about running the Imperial Stout next , also got an amber ale keen to try out . Might be a flip of the coin lol

Go the amber, will be good for Xmas. Personally I like to brew my stouts just after Xmas for winter drinking, although I will have a stout at any time during the year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha i live in Port Hedland . There is no winter lol . But yeah the amber ale is likely to be the next brew. I am very keen to experiment with the stout , but as I havr said before on this forum i would need to buy a barrel and cure it lol . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

Haha i live in Port Hedland . There is no winter lol . But yeah the amber ale is likely to be the next brew. I am very keen to experiment with the stout , but as I havr said before on this forum i would need to buy a barrel and cure it lol . 

Got me there, lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...