Dusk Cerveza

14 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

DH will be a massive learning curve. And one that needs to have a notebook to write things down as Its a few weeks from creation to tasting lol 

It’s good to do the notes. I record (without writing an essay) the brewing details and rate the beer out of 10. Particularly if bottling you can rate at various intervals and note down the changes. Helps to decide with a certain brew that 6weeks for example is good drinking.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Now this is only 2 weeks in the keg but you know, have to give it a go. It’s a nice lager, nice malt sweetness, refreshing with a toffee type touch to the palate. Now there are a few lager in the Brewprint recipe list that are similar. Do again, yes but down the list. (Not because I don’t like it, just so many goodies to choose from)

C93BEDB3-F814-492C-8F43-1C2D5894D87C.thumb.jpeg.87ef8a6fcf1473d130a8e81361a0645e.jpeg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 06/04/2020 at 3:27 PM, Barrelboy said:

Kegged today into a maturing keg (have 4 ss kegs that don’t suit my chilling/pouring setup so use to mature in then do a keg to keg transfer to a fridge friendly keg.

Hell, have drunk that, good thing I put another down and kegged it today. How things can get away from you.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 28/05/2021 at 9:18 AM, Captain 3 Droids said:

Well continued to get away, been awhile now so another in the droid today. Easy recipe, easy drinking.

Keg this one 5/6 and will be in the fridge soon. The recipe guide states 8 to 14 days to EOF however this happened at day 7. I have noted some continuation of fermentation whilst in the keg. Keg another one today, EOF was 8 days however I left it in ready to keg mode for the 48hrs and stored for 6 hrs (was down to 4C). Interest in seeing the difference so will make some notes.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Started 23Nov

Started ramping 27Nov

Finished fermenting 30Nov

Switched to storage 1Dec

Kegged 2Dec

Sample tasted ok,. Now time to leave it alone, left one keg in the fridge to mature, the second is in the cupboard to do the same.  Figure I'll do a simple experiment while I wait.

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...

Nice beer, drinks well somewhat young, needs a couple weeks to mature in my view, but getting it carbed up a bit higher, more "effervescent" makes this a nice brew.  To my taste it's a malty corona.  There's a nice bit of citrus note in there, I suspect from the yeast, & is a bit of a hit with the neighbors & friends.

Good hot day, summer beer.

• Upvote 2