Has anyone made ginger beer

Ricky Verner

4 hours ago, Ricky Verner said:

Ginger Beer

who has tried making alcoholic Ginger Beer and what ingredients did you use 

Hi Ricky and welcome. I don’t think anyone has recently made ginger beer however it can certainly be made in the Beerdroid. (any form of wort can be fermented).

There are older articles on ginger beer making on here with reports of success. I don’t know how to copy a thread/post so in the  search box type in ginger, don’t put ginger beer as you’ll get every topic with “beer” in it.

Cheers Mark

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, Troy Little said:

Hey Ricky

Wondering if you found and made a ginger beer recipe? I’ve tried to search ‘ginger’ but still can’t seem to find a recipe for the Droid!?

Cheers, Troy 

Just completed primary fermentation on a ginger beer, selected a Morgans (makes 20l so just halved the ingredients) but used Y9 yeast (cos I like it..) fermented for 13 days at 12C (didn't have a hydrometer so monitored the bubble action) when bubbles stopped gave it another day. Just hope it doesn't blow!! used the standard 1 pack of sucrose will give it 4 weeks in secondary.  Also used Dextrose in the primary should be about 3.5% alcohol.

Tasted after primary and it gave me a big smile, tasted great

Note the Droid doesn't detect fermentation so I used it as a temperature controlled vessel.

Will let you know how it goes

Pete

Morgans.jpg

• 1 year later...
10 minutes ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Ha, something is not right, those two posts above with the glass and the Morgan’s Ginger Beer are not my posts, they are Pete’s. No idea how that’s happened. 🤔

it’s ok C3D we won’t tell the mrs you made ginger beer! hahahahha

• Haha 2