Resting time after primary fermentation

4 hours ago, Will Powell said:

Is there any benefit (or I guess any drawback) to letting a beer sit in the droid after the end of fermentation?

Do different flavors develop?

Other than sitting on a set temperature control I say (Imo) no. I’d rather have it sit in kegs/bottles carbonating and maturing. I feel it ties up your droid for little gain and your better off having another brew on the go. The store mode is great if for some reason you can’t keg/bottle straight away (work etc) but also feel little gained by chilling your beer for no other reason.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Will Powell said:

What about sitting at kegging temperature rather than storage? Does maturation only occur with the additional sugar in kegging?

No, maturing will occur whilst sitting at fermentation temperatures. By leaving at fermentation temperatures the yeast will “clean up” the brew (ferment any remains sugars), will go to sleep and settle to the bottom with other sediment. (bottom sediment called trub). Now with an all grain or partial wort brews this can be very beneficial however imo little is to be gained with the Brewprint ingredient as they ferment out well with great outcomes.

Having said all that by leaving you can possible get a clearer beer depending on the recipe. If you bottle you could do an experiment. Bottle 2 at end of fermentation, prime and store. Leave remaining brew in the fermenter until you feel you need to proceed. When ready to consume compare the two.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Will Powell said:

Is there any benefit (or I guess any drawback) to letting a beer sit in the droid after the end of fermentation?

Do different flavors develop?

No drawbacks, no tangible benefits . I went down the path of putting beers into storage for four days to promote flocculation of the brew but even with that, I didn't notice the brew being any clearer to justify putting the brew on hold for four days. The only different thing I will do is during winter is that I will put kegs and bottles in the main area of the house so the brew gets to sit at a more constant temperature above 16 degrees

• Upvote 1