Liquid primer

Damo R

G'day,

I bottle my brews as I have not yet invested in a Brewflo.  I am wondering if anyone has added the liquid primer from the Brewprint package  direct into the fermented wort then bottled? This does not appear to be an option with the instructional videos.

Seems a waste.

1 hour ago, Damo R said:

G'day,

I bottle my brews as I have not yet invested in a Brewflo.  I am wondering if anyone has added the liquid primer from the Brewprint package  direct into the fermented wort then bottled? This does not appear to be an option with the instructional videos.

Seems a waste.

Hi Damo, Mark here. you can but you need to gently  stir the the primer into the brew as you pour with a sanitised big spoon or ladle. You may stir up some of the sediment so you could let it settle for about an hour.
Cheers and welcome.

2 hours ago, Damo R said:

G'day,

Seems a waste.

Damo, you can do as Mark has suggested or start getting carbonation drops 1 for a bottle under 500ml, 2 for 750mls

• 3 months later...

Hello Berrelboy and Rob, for my second fermentation I have been using the carbonation drops (2 drops for a bottle of 750mls). I just tried to make a new order and seem there aren't more carbonation drops in stock. So can I use the liquid primer on the bottles? I got 2 each time I bought a Brewprint package, now I have many of them but I don't know how I can use them in the bottles in case that is possible

thanks

Hi again Gustavo. Sorry but bulk priming using the liquid primers is not recommended and is confirmed by the BrewArt Tech. (he suggests using the sachets for making cocktails).

However you can use dextrose or plain white sugar for each bottle. There is an article here under the main thread heading - “BrewPrint Customisation” titled “Using Dextrose”. This should help you out however get back if stuck.

Cheers Mark

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Gustavo Vareniza said:

Hello Berrelboy and Rob, for my second fermentation I have been using the carbonation drops (2 drops for a bottle of 750mls). I just tried to make a new order and seem there aren't more carbonation drops in stock. So can I use the liquid primer on the bottles? I got 2 each time I bought a Brewprint package, now I have many of them but I don't know how I can use them in the bottles in case that is possible

thanks

Gustavo, you could try a local homebrew shop like SoCo Homebrew or Austin Home Brew Supply which both have carb drops for sale. It is always handy to have the local homebrew guy on side

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Gustavo Vareniza said:

another question, how many months I can storage on the bottle? 12 months?

If your using the plastic bottles (PET) then 12 months is really pushing it as they tend to leech the co2 and allow for o2 contamination. 8 months would be a maximum in my opinion however 6 to be safe.

Now glass bottles are different, you can store for 12mths however a lot of lagers and low alcohol brews are best enjoyed earlier. Stouts and high alcohol % beers can be stored for years. 

Any storage should be out of the light, in a box, cupboard etc.

Ps what do you end up doing for the priming?

Edited by Barrelboy
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 18/07/2020 at 11:45 AM, Gustavo Vareniza said:

thanks

I have used the liquid primer in bottles and they turned out very well.  Note that I am using Grolsch 450 ml (15.2 oz) Swing top bottles.  I put about 3.75 ml to 4 ml per each bottle.  You would need to do a different amount for other size bottles.

I purchased an Ezy Dose Kids Baby Oral Syringe & Dispenser, Calibrated for Liquid Medicine, 5 mL/1TSP.  It came with a bottle adapter that fits tightly into the opening of the liquid primer sachets.

Here is a link for it...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VCF6FG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1