Using the ingredients spreadsheet

Hi all

A newbie to the Beerdroid brewing thing, just received mine the other day and looking at using the spreadsheet and i have a few questions.

The American Pale Ale has "Recommended DH : Cascade 50gm" is that dry hopping and if so do you just purchase the Cascade hops from a home brew store?

As i have never done one of these brews before i assume if i order of from whats on the spreadsheet using the online store helper then that is all i will need aside from sanitising product from a home brew shop?

Any help, advice much appreciated

Cheers

Mick

1 hour ago, Mick said:

Hi all

A newbie to the Beerdroid brewing thing, just received mine the other day and looking at using the spreadsheet and i have a few questions.

The American Pale Ale has "Recommended DH : Cascade 50gm" is that dry hopping and if so do you just purchase the Cascade hops from a home brew store?

As i have never done one of these brews before i assume if i order of from whats on the spreadsheet using the online store helper then that is all i will need aside from sanitising product from a home brew shop?

Any help, advice much appreciated

Cheers

Mick

Hi Mick, Mark here. DH is for dry hopping. The actual BrewPrint recipe calls for 2 x H1 (Amarillo) whereas the 50g of cascade is a personal recommendation by the spreadsheet producer. You can purchase hop pellets via your local brew shop and you’ll need either a hop bag or hop “ball” to contain the hops. Don’t just drop them into the droid as you’ll have lots of hop sediment which easily gets into you bottles or kegs. 
(The spreadsheet Store helper is not an on line ordering system, it’s for working out what Brewprints, ingredients you want to order.)

All questions welcome, good group here to help out.

Cheers Mark.

Edited by Barrelboy

20 minutes ago, Mick said:

Cheers Mark

Yes all good on the ordering, just to clarify if I order as per the spreadsheet from the brewart website ingredients I don't need anything else besides the sanitiser?

Mick

No, the ingredients is all you’ll need to make the recipes.

Ps What will you clean the droid with?

Edited by Barrelboy

29 minutes ago, Mick said:

Cheers Mark

Yes all good on the ordering, just to clarify if I order as per the spreadsheet from the brewart website ingredients I don't need anything else besides the sanitiser?

Mick

9 minutes ago, Barrelboy said:

No, the ingredients is all you’ll need to make the recipes.

Ps What will you clean the droid with?

Just order one droid tablet with your brew to begin with so it is all clean and ready to go for the brew

30 minutes ago, Mick said:

Cheers Mark

Mick

Yeah that's right, so for instance if you wanted to make the American Pale Ale you would be getting

1 X E2

2 X E5

2 x X1

Y1 Yeast

2 X H1 hops pouches and the hop Pouches work fine and are easy to use but there will be a time you will want a stronger hops flavour, so if dry hopping, 20 gms of Amaraillo

That's all you need, clean the droid, fill with 10 litres of water, put yeast in first, the rest of the powders can go in any order. Don't pour them in too quickly ( i mean 3 seconds is too quick 20 seconds is a decent pour.

Once that is in, put lid on, secure, push "ale" on the selection and then just sit on your arse, it does the rest

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Mick said:

Cheers so no need to order a the tablets then?

The sanitiser is not a cleaner and is used to sanitise a clean droid, utensils or anything that is going to touch the beer. The tablet  is a cleaner by BrewArt however that does require 10l plus water and a few soaking hours. I clean with clean water and a clean chux wipe, then sanitise, then brew.

Don't forget the lid, tap, tap location, bung, and bung hole (excuse expression 🤭).

1 minute ago, Barrelboy said:

The sanitiser is not a cleaner and is used to sanitise a clean droid, utensils or anything that is going to touch the beer. The tablet  is a cleaner by BrewArt however that does require 10l plus water and a few soaking hours. I clean with clean water and a clean chux wipe, then sanitise, then brew.

Don't forget the lid, tap, tap location, bung, and bung hole (excuse expression 🤭).

Cheers so a brand new droid no need to clean with soapy water, then rinse with clean water then sanitise?

• 1 year later...

Hi Guys,

I have had the Store helper spreadsheet for some time now, and have only just realised that I don't have the ingredients dropdown in my sheet? I have seen it somewhere, but can't seem to find it. Is it only available on the Facebook site because I've only just requested access.

dropdown.jpg

1 hour ago, BeerOClock said:

Hi Guys,

I have had the Store helper spreadsheet for some time now, and have only just realised that I don't have the ingredients dropdown in my sheet? I have seen it somewhere, but can't seem to find it. Is it only available on the Facebook site because I've only just requested access.

dropdown.jpg

Hey mate, it is in this thread, half way down

1 hour ago, BeerOClock said:

Hi Guys,

dropdown.jpg

Or of course I could just upload it here, like someone who wasn't a clown would

Shems cheat sheet - 1 AUGUST 2020(AutoRecovered).xlsx

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your reply, however, I must be missing something because I still don't have a populated drop down list of brews? I am assuming the way this works is that you select a brew from the dropdown and it populates the ingredients columns? Except because I have no dropdown, I would still have to copy/paste each brew like we used to in the earlier versions? Confused?

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/02/2022 at 2:09 PM, BeerOClock said:

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your reply, however, I must be missing something because I still don't have a populated drop down list of brews? I am assuming the way this works is that you select a brew from the dropdown and it populates the ingredients columns? Except because I have no dropdown, I would still have to copy/paste each brew like we used to in the earlier versions? Confused?

Hey, really sorry, if you still have this issue, can you screen shot it for me?