Robs "Golden Balls" Lager

• Rob Courtney changed the title to Robs "Golden Balls" Lager
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Next time I do this I might go half Tettanger and half Lemondrops.

Just think this has not quite hit perfection yet. I can only imagine how hard this must be to do as a job (perfecting beers). The amount of times Liam must come home looking depressed and distraught and his missus taking one look and thinking "crap, he's going to talk about hops choices again, FML".

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

Just think this has not quite hit perfection yet. I can only imagine how hard this must be to do as a job (perfecting beers). The amount of times Liam must come home looking depressed and distraught and his missus taking one look and thinking "crap, he's going to talk about hops choices again, FML".

Yeah. Sounds like a rough way to make a living...:D

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well then.

Have had a good day so I thought I'd have a few brews and the last one is a stubbie of this. This drinks extremely well out of a bottle. I mean, I've been talking this beer down, "not that good, probably shouldn't brew this, the other prints have this covered" but you know what, ripping the band aid off and going hammer and tongs here, damn, this is a good brew.

I know I am being silly but it is really good.

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Steve Gyldenvand said:

I have always had a difficult time refraining from crude jokes, and you guys are not making it any easier.

I had to review my companies consequence management framework a while back. Basically a manager can use it to determine what outcome for a poor behaviour so we have a consistent approach to discipline.

So Category A is the worst, pretty much a "don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out" sort of thing. Usual things are on there, stealing, privacy breaches, indecent exposure* (though nobody could conform what "decent exposure" was but I am guessing zip up).

But the one that surprised me was "double entendres" and I was stunned, I mean I literally grew up on British comedy. How am I meant to respond when I hear "we have identified a huge hole"and me not say "yeah that's Steph from accounts" before they say "in the budget"

*True story, a guy was fired in the company because for some reason I can't fathom, he sent a female staff member a picture of his d!ck on teams. I was stunned when I found out, what was he thinking, I wouldn't even send my wife one (mainly cause I don't want to ruin her day).

And back to the beer talk

• Haha 1

"Just a kiss of the hops" was an advertising slogan used by Schlitz beer in the USA during the 1950's.  They were trying to court the drinkers who didn't like a lot of hops.  Hmm... I haven't seen Schlitz beer on sale for a looong time.

But to follow my own definition of hops usage:

• Minimal Hops, i.e., no added liquid or dry hops - just Element and Enhancer packets, could be defined as a lascivious look at hops.
  • Two sachets (or less) of liquid hops is only dancing with hops.
  • Less than or equal to 30g of dry hops is the kiss.
  • Less than or equal to 45g of dry hops is courting.
  • 45g or more of dry hops is an addiction. - You may need to sign up for Hops Anonymous.

😃 Happy brewing

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1