My beer is frozen :)

I’ve only recently got a beer droid and my first brew went fine, and I bottled it on Friday.  Cleaned up and started a second brew, but now the temperature control has gone haywire.  It was alternating between 30 and 0 degrees yesterday, sometimes in a matter of seconds.

I turned it off overnight, as I think it was too hot anyway, and being on -0.4 meant it was trying to heat which I think has cooked the beer...

The only thing I can see in the FAQ is that the water level is too low, and so I topped it up a little, but it’s plenty above the 10l mark.

I switched it back on today, and it’s stuck on -0.4 with a target of 17.  Seems a waste now to be heating, so I will leave it for a bit more and then switch it off again, but I was going to leave the brew in it until Monday when support is back.

Anyone else seen this?  I can’t even tell where the thermometer is, so I don’t know where to check.

And the app doesn’t let you check historical temps as far as I can tell, so I’m not sure when it started.

As you can see from the graph, it was working in bits and pieces for a while.  You could even watch the temp on the front of the machine go from 0 to 30 in about 30 seconds...

I’m resigned to this brew being lost, but I don’t know what to do to rescue the machine for the next one.

And I haven’t even drunk my first beer yet.  :(

Cheers,

Nick

ECDA1957-A45D-412F-9266-DAD0C1D9921C.jpeg

20 minutes ago, Nicholas Orr said:

I’ve only recently got a beer droid and my first brew went fine, and I bottled it on Friday.  Cleaned up and started a second brew, but now the temperature control has gone haywire.  It was alternating between 30 and 0 degrees yesterday, sometimes in a matter of seconds.

I turned it off overnight, as I think it was too hot anyway, and being on -0.4 meant it was trying to heat which I think has cooked the beer...

The only thing I can see in the FAQ is that the water level is too low, and so I topped it up a little, but it’s plenty above the 10l mark.

I switched it back on today, and it’s stuck on -0.4 with a target of 17.  Seems a waste now to be heating, so I will leave it for a bit more and then switch it off again, but I was going to leave the brew in it until Monday when support is back.

Anyone else seen this?  I can’t even tell where the thermometer is, so I don’t know where to check.

And the app doesn’t let you check historical temps as far as I can tell, so I’m not sure when it started.

As you can see from the graph, it was working in bits and pieces for a while.  You could even watch the temp on the front of the machine go from 0 to 30 in about 30 seconds...

I’m resigned to this brew being lost, but I don’t know what to do to rescue the machine for the next one.

And I haven’t even drunk my first beer yet.  :(

Cheers,

Nick

ECDA1957-A45D-412F-9266-DAD0C1D9921C.jpeg

Bloody hell, now that is out of whack. Your brew may not be lost, leave machine off and just let it ferment out. BrewArt Tech, Liam should be able to log into your unit.

Where abouts are you?

Ps don’t give up, these units are magnificent, I run 3 of them!

Thanks, yep I’ve switched it off for now.  It did start showing a temp after a while being on this morning, but then dropped back down, so now it’s off.

I think it’s been much too hot to save or be good, likely 30+ for quite a while, but I’ll leave it for now.

It also hasn’t yet said it’s detected fermentation, so I’m guessing it started early and went too high too quick.

Cheers,

Nick

22 minutes ago, Nicholas Orr said:

Thanks, yep I’ve switched it off for now.  It did start showing a temp after a while being on this morning, but then dropped back down, so now it’s off.

I think it’s been much too hot to save or be good, likely 30+ for quite a while, but I’ll leave it for now.

It also hasn’t yet said it’s detected fermentation, so I’m guessing it started early and went too high too quick.

Cheers,

Nick

By the way Nick, welcome to the forum. Just a thought before you talk to tech support I wonder if you shut down off the wifi and then rebooted back onto the internet so to speak.

Cheers Mark

Ps I’ll tag this thread to tech but still ring tomorrow.

@BrewArtTech

Edited by Barrelboy

Yep, he got in touch directly early on Monday morning, and all is sorted.  He wants to see the unit in person, so he's sending out a replacement, and I'll send this one back.

Obviously just a one off with this unit.  Perhaps the cold weather got to it :)

Cheers,

Nick

1 minute ago, Nicholas Orr said:

Yep, he got in touch directly early on Monday morning, and all is sorted.  He wants to see the unit in person, so he's sending out a replacement, and I'll send this one back.

Cheers,

Nick

Great Nick, Liam is a top tech, really helps out and quickly.

Keep in contact with your brew outcomes, questions or whatever.

Cheers Mark

On 25/05/2020 at 7:26 PM, Nicholas Orr said:

Cheers,

Nick

That’s what I like about BrewArt awesome customer service,,

• Upvote 1