Mango Crush IPA

Very keen to see how the Mango crush works out , should be a delicious beer. This is on my to be brewed again list 🤣. Still working through the catalogue though.

Mango would be a new level of sweetness , and likely a healthier brew , hope the bag will hold it lol. 

DH is also something I would do for it next time and as Mark said good Hop choices 🙂

5 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

Very keen to see how the Mango crush works out , should be a delicious beer. This is on my to be brewed again list 🤣. Still working through the catalogue though.

Mango would be a new level of sweetness , and likely a healthier brew , hope the bag will hold it lol. 

DH is also something I would do for it next time and as Mark said good Hop choices 🙂

“DH is also something I would do for it next time........“  So your not going to DH this time?

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Barrelboy said:

“DH is also something I would do for it next time........“  So your not going to DH this time?

I didnt Dry Hop this time . Next time i will for sure though . I am pretty keen on the extra flavor. The pineapple crush i did was great , but i am sure i can make it better now 🙂. I have a few brews to get through before this 🙂

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Alan Batchelor said:

Interestingly I am 4 days in an no leakage. Both previous brews did. Has me a tad worried to be honest, especially with the mango juice. I see it bubbling in the window so I think it’s ok. Fingers crossed 🤪

Alan

If it’s bubbling in the window then fermentation is happening. The app should also show a rise in temp and then cooling down again. (I’m about to keg a Ruby Porter, it didn’t overflow as expected but it tried.)

• Thanks 1

Hi all,

Just bottled my version of the pineapple crush. You can see the changes I made at the beginning of the post. 

What I was aiming for is a cloudy NEIPA, switched Mango for Pineapple. Couple of ingredient changes and used my own Yeast. 

It taste what is was going for and looks spot on. I did not cold crash, I wanted all that cloudy goodness.

First pour, second pour and last pour.

Very happy and can’t wait to try it.

Alan

8D68FE0E-3149-48D0-847A-C9E1C682A95F.jpeg

9DF56D4B-A4AB-45D0-83B0-2640765A300B.jpeg

32 minutes ago, Alan Batchelor said:

Hi all,

Just bottled my version of the pineapple crush. You can see the changes I made at the beginning of the post. 

What I was aiming for is a cloudy NEIPA, switched Mango for Pineapple. Couple of ingredient changes and used my own Yeast. 

It taste what is was going for and looks spot on. I did not cold crash, I wanted all that cloudy goodness.

First pour, second pour and last pour.

Very happy and can’t wait to try it.

Alan

8D68FE0E-3149-48D0-847A-C9E1C682A95F.jpeg

9DF56D4B-A4AB-45D0-83B0-2640765A300B.jpeg

Now that is looking really good and I bet it’s smells great. You certainly can get a kick out of toying with recipes when they turn out ok and to expectations.

The first pour I suspect would contaIn some extra sediment that sits in the tap, the last looks a ripper of a brew. In 2 weeks you must have a try.

Cheers, Mark

Edited by Barrelboy
  • Thanks 1

Mark,

I did sort of try, I mixed pour two with a small amount of lager just to give it some fizz. Even this was a very nice. I suspect in two weeks it will be really good, 4 weeks outstanding.

I will brew again but with out fruit juice. 

I have a feeling with Citra, galaxy and Amarillo will be juicy enough.

Alan

1 minute ago, Alan Batchelor said:

Mark,

I did sort of try, I mixed pour two with a small amount of lager just to give it some fizz. Even this was a very nice. I suspect in two weeks it will be really good, 4 weeks outstanding.

I will brew again but with out fruit juice. 

I have a feeling with Citra, galaxy and Amarillo will be juicy enough.

Alan

Good mix of hops there, compliment each other well. Would suggest 10g each? As a dry hop.

• Thanks 1