Added my dry hops at the beggining

59 minutes ago, william white said:

hi guys, decided it was better to not read these forums or the paper that came with the beer droid has anyone made this mistake and have I ruined it ? 🤣😘

Hi William and welcome. No damage done and as they were not boiled so bitterness will not be a factor. You will lose some of the aroma due to co2 bubbling/gas release however you will get some flavour.

How much did you use and were they just tipped in? 
Cheers Mark

Edited by Barrelboy

Chers for your reply mark, my beerdroid just arrived and I had 2 brewprints sat waiting for a month so got a tad excited  I am brewing the Narci-citrus IPA and I essentially poured everything that came with that brew print in my 10L and pressed start 😧. When is the ideal time ? 

Cheers. 🍻

5 hours ago, william white said:

Chers for your reply mark, my beerdroid just arrived and I had 2 brewprints sat waiting for a month so got a tad excited  I am brewing the Narci-citrus IPA and I essentially poured everything that came with that brew print in my 10L and pressed start 😧. When is the ideal time ? 

Cheers. 🍻

A couple of things, sounds as if you didn’t check and update the firmware to P017. You can only do this when you are not brewing. You do this on the app by going into “My Beerdroid”. When you do this and start your next brew there is a dry hop function, it will tell you when to add them or alternatively you can not use this dry hop mode and add the hops when informed the EOF (end of fermentation), leave in for min 24 hours.

Are you bottling or kegging? Did you purchase the tap hop filter? Did you leave the priming sugar out of the droid? Did you put the yeast in first.

Sorry for all the questions but will help to ensure a good brew.

Cheers, Mark

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, william white said:

Im sure I did do the update but might not have i suppose. Im bottling and have bought the carbon drops and dry hops filter. I left the primer out, but dont know what I put in first I just dumped it all in 🤣

Good, seems no real harm done. Wait until the app/droid tells you EOF and bottle with the drops. As you just dumped the hops in and seems you don’t have the filter I’d pour off half a cup to clear the tap before the first bottle.

Hi @william white,

As @Barrelboy said, the "MyBeerDroid" menu item in the App will also tell you the current firmware the unit is running so that will confirm whether you did the upgrade or not.

A sign that all is going well is an early "start of fermentation detected", you should get a push notification if enabled on your App, or it is also shown on the timeline at the bottom of the App's Brew Status page. For healthy and viable yeast cells, this should occur after 24-30hours of starting the brew.

When the BeerDroid prompts you to add the hops, make sure you acknowledge you have by pressing the tick button on the panel sooner rather than later.

The Narci-Citrus-IPA is a big brew so it will take a little longer to ferment, my guess is to keep an eye out for the prompt to add hops in about a week, give or take a day or two.

All the best.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the tip, unfortunately my dry hops are already added so will just have to see how it goes. Checked my app and all is up to date. Suppose what I was expecting to see when I clicked on the brew was it to give me a brief guide. I should of delved a little deeper prior to starting. But lesson learnt for next time. 

Screenshot_20201007-150159_BrewArt.jpg

• Upvote 1