Control Screen moisture

Andy

Hello Guys

So I’ve completed my first brewing cycle with a thorough cleaning of the droid crap.  Fortunately we have a laundry room with a large sink and spray faucet.   Rinsed out the inside, drained, and wiped all surfaces.  Thought I was careful but when I plugged it back in there is moisture on/behind the control display screen.  Seems to function but concerns me.  Any one experience this and did it disappear over time or is there a way to dry behind the clear plastic screen cover?

really amazes me as an entertaining process.  Now anxious to start the next one.  Only have 2 10L ikeggers so need to get drinking #1 in a few weeks.  Also going to need to start working out to burn off the brew.

Thanks as usual for the support

C3A2A40E-7805-47FF-9A42-15DD4B4CC608.jpeg

Edited by Andy
Add photo

23 hours ago, Andy said:

Hello Guys

So I’ve completed my first brewing cycle with a thorough cleaning of the droid crap.  Fortunately we have a laundry room with a large sink and spray faucet.   Rinsed out the inside, drained, and wiped all surfaces.  Thought I was careful but when I plugged it back in there is moisture on/behind the control display screen.  Seems to function but concerns me.  Any one experience this and did it disappear over time or is there a way to dry behind the clear plastic screen cover?

really amazes me as an entertaining process.  Now anxious to start the next one.  Only have 2 10L ikeggers so need to get drinking #1 in a few weeks.  Also going to need to start working out to burn off the brew.

Thanks as usual for the support

C3A2A40E-7805-47FF-9A42-15DD4B4CC608.jpeg

Haven’t had that problem however it my well go away after a while due to the warming of the panel.

Hey Andy, like the Captain, I haven't seen or heard of this happening.

It might take some time to evaporate though; on my units I can see a black gasket that sits between the front glass and the LCD panel so I expect it won't get much air flow in there.

image.png.7625884441453943042daaf8e751ae2d.png

Issues are likely to appear as LCD segments coming on when they shouldn't or segments dimly lit, but you would have noticed this already, so more than likely there's nothing to worry about.

Other than putting your droid in a warm dry environment I can't really offer up any other ideas.

• Upvote 1