Brewprints

Sondre Sørensen

3 hours ago, Sondre Sørensen said:

When do I add dry hops or hop extract? There are no instructions for the brewprints. The only thing the beerdroid manual says is that you add every ingredient exept primer and hops. They also says that you shall not stirr. How does the ingredients get mixed well together without stirring?

Hi Sondre

i just completed my first brewprint and had the same concern regarding stirring.  Add the Yeast first then gently pour the remaining  powders on top of the water level.  I could see all of my ingredients floating on top of the water 12 hrs later through the lighted window and had to resist opening it up and stirring.  Experienced users here said DO NOT STIR!.  Then the magic started, the yeast reacting with the sugars mixes everything together in the barrel.  It’s quite a show to watch and quite violent at times.

As far as hops, I kegged my brew so added the liquid hops to my keg prior to transfer from the droid to the keg.  If bottling, you have to pour them into the droid just prior to bottling.  Have not used dry hops yet but believe the droid prompts you to add after fermentation is completed but others with more knowledge should comment.  

your right, the instructions suck but the videos are great under BrewArt 101 tab 

Regards and good luck with first brew

Edited by Andy

51 minutes ago, Andy said:

Hi Sondre

i just completed my first brewprint and had the same concern regarding stirring.  Add the Yeast first then gently pour the remaining  powders on top of the water level.  I could see all of my ingredients floating on top of the water 12 hrs later through the lighted window and had to resist opening it up and stirring.  Experienced users here said DO NOT STIR!.  Then the magic started, the yeast reacting with the sugars mixes everything together in the barrel.  It’s quite a show to watch and quite violent at times.

As far as hops, I kegged my brew so added the liquid hops to my keg prior to transfer from the droid to the keg.  If bottling, you have to pour them into the droid just prior to bottling.  Have not used dry hops yet but believe the droid prompts you to add after fermentation is completed but others with more knowledge should comment.  

your right, the instructions suck but the videos are great under BrewArt 101 tab 

Regards and good luck with first brew

Im very grateful for the information. Thank you! 

22 hours ago, Sondre Sørensen said:

When do I add dry hops or hop extract? There are no instructions for the brewprints. The only thing the beerdroid manual says is that you add every ingredient exept primer and hops. They also says that you shall not stirr. How does the ingredients get mixed well together without stirring?

@Sondre Sørensen at the top right hand of this page is "Brewart 101" a list of instruction videos. I would advise you to take an hour and watch all of them as they can guide you on your journey

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

If you have dry hops, the Droid and phone app will tell you when to add them into your brew and then notify you again when it is ready to bottle/keg.

If you are using the liquid hops and you are kegging, you put that into the keg along with the primer before filling.

If you are bottling then check out the BeerDroid: Bottling video in the BrewArt 101 section of the site and jump to around the 40 second mark if you are short on time.

• Upvote 1