Beer Advent Calender

Captain 3 Droids

My December Xmas Advent Calendar beers from Beer Cartel arrived today. Never had these before and somewhat spoilt however a nice birthday/Xmas treat.

What’s good about this one is there are 25 cans of craft beers from Australian craft brewers with only one style from each meaning 25 different brewers. I’ll make some notes on each one and then perhaps look at cloning the favourites? (with BrewPrint ingredients of course)

Out of interest I may report some of the evaluations here. 

Cheers

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

I see it’s gone up $10 and no Carlton in mine per the list?

I can remember Dans had a "Beers of the world" 8 pack, a collection of brews from a round the world....and not a very good one at that...and Carlton Dry was on the list.

Thought there was a fair case for false advertising to be honest

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/11/2020 at 11:08 AM, Captain 3 Droids said:

My December Xmas Advent Calendar beers from Beer Cartel arrived today. Never had these before and somewhat spoilt however a nice birthday/Xmas treat.

What’s good about this one is there are 25 cans of craft beers from Australian craft brewers with only one style from each meaning 25 different brewers. I’ll make some notes on each one and then perhaps look at cloning the favourites? (with BrewPrint ingredients of course)

Out of interest I may report some of the evaluations here. 

Cheers

I’m not following the one each day rule but rather save a few up to relieve pressure on my droid consumptions 😁🍻.

I won’t report on them all, perhaps the ones I really enjoy. I also appreciate they are all craft brews by craft brewers so will expect some surprises not necessarily to my liking.

Just to start off, the first, an IPA (6.5%) was so fruity, dominated by passion fruit that I could state “was it an Alcopop” in a blind taste test.

The second (7.7%) was so hopped, 6 different varieties that a hop tea could have been a better option.

Now don’t get me wrong, it’s fun and not everything in the beer world has to be to your liking. I suspect some good ideas and potential cloning of a few will come out of this. 

Edited by Captain 3 Droids
  • Upvote 1

Mane Liquor over this side of the world had one ( i missed the boat) but you give them a monetary amount and the style you want and they would curate one for you . So if I said sh*ttest Australian beers , i am sure i could have had some Carlton Dry in there lol. I would have been happy with a passionfruit alcopop though, sounds like a pack I would enjoy @Captain 3 Droids

• Haha 2