Adding hops sachet to Droid for bottling

I have just started on my third brew, Belgian Lager and its my first brew which include hop sachets (H3 x 2 sachets). From what I can gather, these hop sachets are added to the brew at EOF and left for 24 hours before bottling and carbonating with the sugar drops, Is this the correct procedure?

I also read that it is advisable to gently stir the hops in with a sterile large stirring spoon. Is  this correct?

41 minutes ago, Eltham Brewing House said:

I have just started on my third brew, Belgian Lager and its my first brew which include hop sachets (H3 x 2 sachets). From what I can gather, these hop sachets are added to the brew at EOF and left for 24 hours before bottling and carbonating with the sugar drops, Is this the correct procedure?

I also read that it is advisable to gently stir the hops in with a sterile large stirring spoon. Is  this correct?

Bottling?

Also H3 sachets, shouldn't they be H4?

Edited by Rob Courtney

Yeah add 

18 minutes ago, Eltham Brewing House said:

Sorry, should be H4 x 2. Yes I will bottle so do I add the H4 to the brew at EOM and 24 hours before bottling?

Yeah add at EOF. When I sed the sachets I would pour them in and leave between 24-48 hours. I never stirred it in, it just blends into the brew over a day

• Upvote 2

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Scott Brereton said:

Does the app tell you when to add hops?

Hi Scott and welcome. If you didn’t use the Custom mode and set hops to yes then you won’t be told when to add the hops. EOF will occur and follow above.

if you did use the Custom, hop “yes” then the app will tell you to add the hops roughly 48hrs before predicted EOF. This was mainly set up for dry hopping pellets but can be used for the liquid sachets.

• 1 year later...

I’ve found that the sachets are about 30-35 mL 

that’s roughly 35mL per 5 L keg

Also roughly 5.25mL per 750mL PET bottle

if you wanted to add the hop sachet liquid into bottles you need about 1tsp per bottle.  

the sachet tops fit nicely into a syringe for easy dispensing.  With a bit of pressure   And twisting   

F4EBC430-2EA8-40D9-A659-E1165114ADD5.jpeg

• Like 2