HO P7

So 2 days ago I added the dry hops (in a ball filter) as directed. 16 hours ago the temperature dropped to 4 deg C so I assume it is now Cold Crashing. Does anyone know what the default Cold Crashing period is before the droid raises the temp for kegging? I assume it is 2 days. Is there any good reason why I should wait for the droid to finish the Cold Crashing as I need to bottle soon. I have used the ball filter and I will be using the hop filter when bottling. I cant see how I will have a big problem with sediment if I shorten the Cold Crashing period to say 1 1/2 days and then raise the temp for botting.

4 minutes ago, Eltham Brewing House said:

So 2 days ago I added the dry hops (in a ball filter) as directed. 16 hours ago the temperature dropped to 4 deg C so I assume it is now Cold Crashing. Does anyone know what the default Cold Crashing period is before the droid raises the temp for kegging? I assume it is 2 days. Is there any good reason why I should wait for the droid to finish the Cold Crashing as I need to bottle soon. I have used the ball filter and I will be using the hop filter when bottling. I cant see how I will have a big problem with sediment if I shorten the Cold Crashing period to say 1 1/2 days and then raise the temp for botting.

If you used a hop ball then there's no need to do the cold crash at all unless you prefer to. You shouldn't need to use the hop filter when bottling either as no hop debris should have escaped the ball.

The default cold crash is 48 hours. I like to run mine for up to 72 hours (force into storage mode) if I've used a lot of hops - say, 100 grams.

You've probably worked out by now that the older Droids with the firmware update display HOP5 in that position as they lack the extra formatting on the LCD.

🍻

• Like 1