Carbonation drops for keg system

Hi everyone this is my first post and require a little help. I’ve just recently bought my beer droid and brewflo system and ordered my brewprints. Has you can understand I couldn’t  wait to get brewing so I went and bought a Mr Beer kit from the local brewing shop to get me started. So far it’s all going good and have a Golden ale in the beer droid. I’m just wondering how many carbonation drops I should put in my keg which will have around 4.25 litres in each keg.

2 hours ago, Nicky Higgins said:

Hi everyone this is my first post and require a little help. I’ve just recently bought my beer droid and brewflo system and ordered my brewprints. Has you can understand I couldn’t  wait to get brewing so I went and bought a Mr Beer kit from the local brewing shop to get me started. So far it’s all going good and have a Golden ale in the beer droid. I’m just wondering how many carbonation drops I should put in my keg which will have around 4.25 litres in each keg.

When bottling you should add 2 drops for a 750ml bottle so your 4.25 lt keg is 5.66 times the size of the 750ml bottle therefore 2 x 5.66 = 11.33 drops/ Call it 12 drops per keg. I stand to be corrected though.

3 hours ago, Nicky Higgins said:

Thanks for your quick response Eltham Brewing House. That’s the maths which I came up with but wasn’t sure if the amount changes with it being in a larger vessel etc?

It shouldn't change due to the larger vessel. I bottle and use 1 1/2 drops for 450ml, 2 drops for 750ml & 4 drops for 1 1/2lt swing top bottles. The extrapolation seems to work fine but you will find out soon enough.

• 5 months later...