The Point IPA. Strange step. Need help

Hi everyone, 

I am using the app to oversee a batch of The Point IPA. It has asked for adding dry hops and I have done it. About two days after that now the BeerDroid sets the temperature to 4 degree, although it is still fermenting. 

Is it normal for this Brewprint? Has anyone done this batch and seen the same thing? 

Thanks 

Long

Screenshot_20210609_095801_com.brewart.app.jpg

1 hour ago, Long Ngo said:

Hi everyone, 

I am using the app to oversee a batch of The Point IPA. It has asked for adding dry hops and I have done it. About two days after that now the BeerDroid sets the temperature to 4 degree, although it is still fermenting. 

Is it normal for this Brewprint? Has anyone done this batch and seen the same thing? 

Thanks 

Long

Screenshot_20210609_095801_com.brewart.app.jpg

Normal. This is the dry hop feature of the Custom Mode. When asked to add the hops it has predicted end of fermentation in 48hrs and the goes into cold storage 4C for 48hrs to clean up and settle yeast and hop debris. It is part of the fermentation feature and will go to keg temp 18C when the 48hrs is up.

54 minutes ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Sorry but correction, after 48hrs in the cold mode it will tell you it’s ready to keg whereby you press the keg function and then the “tick” symbol. It will then raise the temp to 18C and notify ready to keg.

It will stay at 4C until you do this and not automatically go to keg as I said.

Cheers

You were correct the first time. The program raises the temperature automatically to 18 degrees C following the 48 hour cold crash. There is no user input required to move the Droid to this stage. 

• Thanks 1