My wife was recently diagnosed with celiac and as such can no long have traditional beer.  She’s getting a bit bored with just cider and I wanted to try to brew her something new.  However, my beer brewing knowledge is a bit lacking as I’m fairly new to brewing (about 8 brew prints in).  

I found a kit on a gluten free site:

https://labelpeelers.com/exclusion-gluten-free-kits/

I’m really wanting to make this porter for her, but not sure if it’s as simple as adding the ingredients like a brewprint, or much more detailed.  Anybody on here have experience with this or something similar?   

I’d appreciate any help you all can provide with this.  I’m more than willing to mess a few of these up to experiment until I get it right, but would be nice to get it right the first time!

-Kevin

3 hours ago, Kevin Marshall said:

My wife was recently diagnosed with celiac and as such can no long have traditional beer.  She’s getting a bit bored with just cider and I wanted to try to brew her something new.  However, my beer brewing knowledge is a bit lacking as I’m fairly new to brewing (about 8 brew prints in).  

I found a kit on a gluten free site:

https://labelpeelers.com/exclusion-gluten-free-kits/

I’m really wanting to make this porter for her, but not sure if it’s as simple as adding the ingredients like a brewprint, or much more detailed.  Anybody on here have experience with this or something similar?   

I’d appreciate any help you all can provide with this.  I’m more than willing to mess a few of these up to experiment until I get it right, but would be nice to get it right the first time!

-Kevin

Hi Kevin and welcome to the forum. You can certainly ferment the kits in the Droid however there are two issues. 1) the kit size is for 5 gallon or 19l so you will need to halve all the ingredients including hops. Remainder can be stored in the fridge for a follow up brew. 2) you will need a sanitised stainless steel pot, sanitised ladle (not Wood) for mixing and boiling per recipe. 

Then into the droid at 10l, sprinkle yeast on top, custom mode so you can set temperatures per the recipe.

If you purchase a kit we can go through the recipe instructions if you wish.

Edited by Captain 3 Droids

C3D,

Thank you for the response!  I was thinking it was going to be something along these lines.  Really wanted to get this one done for the wife as she really likes beer and this celiac thing is a punch in the guy in that department.  I'll split the ingredients this week when my current brew finishes and give this a whirl.  Thanks again for the help! 

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...
On 16/08/2021 at 9:22 AM, Kevin Marshall said:

C3D,

Thank you for the response!  I was thinking it was going to be something along these lines.  Really wanted to get this one done for the wife as she really likes beer and this celiac thing is a punch in the guy in that department.  I'll split the ingredients this week when my current brew finishes and give this a whirl.  Thanks again for the help! 

Just joined,  How did the brew go as am also unable to have gluten so interested to see 

• Upvote 3