Golden Lager/Belgian Lager Directions

Donald Roine

Hi,

I just purchased a used unit (looks brand new) and my wife purchased the Golden Lager BrewPrint kit. It did not contain directions specific to a Belgian Lager. I have already sanitized and started the process, which is 11-14 days, however I do not know at what point I add the primer and extract and for how long the fermentation goes after that step. 2nd question: Can I transfer the end of Beer Droid fermentation (whenever that is) to a carboy for dry hopping and secondary fermentation (conditioning phase)? Thank you!

3 hours ago, Donald Roine said:

Hi,

I just purchased a used unit (looks brand new) and my wife purchased the Golden Lager BrewPrint kit. It did not contain directions specific to a Belgian Lager. I have already sanitized and started the process, which is 11-14 days, however I do not know at what point I add the primer and extract and for how long the fermentation goes after that step. 2nd question: Can I transfer the end of Beer Droid fermentation (whenever that is) to a carboy for dry hopping and secondary fermentation (conditioning phase)? Thank you!

Welcome to the forum Donald and great you got the Droid, they are brilliant. Now a couple of questions so we can help:-

1) “add the primer and extract”  is the primer the liquid sachets or the solid block?

2) what is the extract you want to add?

3) is the carboy glass? How many litres? How will it be sealed to hold the pressure of carbonation.

5 hours ago, Donald Roine said:

The Primer is 2 solid rolls. Liquid hop extract. The carboy is 3 gallon safe plastic with a spigot and a airlock.

Thanks Donald. The carboy is a fermentor not for carbonating your beer. (It will not hold pressure). If you don’t have a BrewFlo/keg set up or  stainless steel kegging set up you will need to bottle for your carbonation. Bottles can be glass although being new to brewing I’d suggest the PET bottles as glass bottles if well over carbonated can be dangerous bombs. With bottles you need to use the carbonation tablets, 2 per large bottles like the PET. Don’t add the solid primer roll to the Droid, keep for a rainy day. 
When you are informed by the BeerDroid/app that EOF (end of fermentation) gently remove the lid and add the liquid hops. Replace lid and leave for 24 hours (don’t stir just pour the hop solution in).

• Upvote 1