Swapping Kegs

Hi All

im doing back to back brew prints hope that I’ll have at least 3 ready for 1st of November. 
Question is I only have I Brewflow, can you start one Keg then change to another and another so as I can being drinking beers? 
will it effect the beer if it goes up and down in temperature? 
i thinking if I try one at 6 weeks and think it might need more time then I’ll put it back in storage. 
Thanks in advance. 

1 hour ago, Charles said:

Hi All

im doing back to back brew prints hope that I’ll have at least 3 ready for 1st of November. 
Question is I only have I Brewflow, can you start one Keg then change to another and another so as I can being drinking beers? 
will it effect the beer if it goes up and down in temperature? 
i thinking if I try one at 6 weeks and think it might need more time then I’ll put it back in storage. 
Thanks in advance. 

Hi Charles.

You do have the option of keeping a keg to be swapped in, in the fridge for a few hours before you  swap it in, thus having it good to go. In that regard, you would need to have the keg standing in the fridge and not on it's side.

If you were swapping a room temperature keg in, then it might be less enjoyable depending on the brew.

If you are worried about the beers quality if it goes up and down in temp (within reasonable perametres) then no, that won't destroy the beer. I often have a beer in the fridge that I will not drink and put it back out to the brew room to further develop 

Hi @Charles and welcome to the forum.

As Rob said, yes you can just swap the kegs in and out of the Brewflow without issue. 

I'd definitely recommend keeping a keg pre-chilled and upright in the fridge beforehand to make this easier.

If you chill a keg from room to serving temperature in the Brewflo it will take approximately 10 hours.

Also keep in mind that depending on how efficient your fridge is, it will probably take 4 to 6 hours to chill a full keg from room temperature to around 3 or 4 degrees Celsius. 

FWIW just like Rob I took a keg out of my Brewflo last night and returned to room temperature in the spare room because I thought the beer wasn't quite at it's best yet.

Cheers!

16 minutes ago, Charles said:

Thanks @Rob Courtneyand @Dustin Frothman  

i’m new to this so thank you for your advice. 

@Charles

We were all new to this once, everyone starts at the beginning so to speak. Please ask any questions you want, it is what this forum should be a bunch of people making brews, helping each other and learning.