Bottling

10 hours ago, Almo_022 said:

Hi,

I’m about to keg my first brew but want to bottle two bottles just to taste in a couple weeks time instead of tasting from the keg. 

I was wondering how much of the liquid hops and primer to add to a couple of bottles? 

The liquid hops are usually added to each keg as with the primer blocks. 
You could had the liquid hops to the Droid and leave to infuse for 24 hours and had 2 sugar drops to the large PET bottles. If using smaller glass bottles add 1. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Almo_022 said:

Hi,

I’m about to keg my first brew but want to bottle two bottles just to taste in a couple weeks time instead of tasting from the keg. 

I was wondering how much of the liquid hops and primer to add to a couple of bottles? 

Exactly as C3D has said. I used to bottle half and keg half and that was the method I used to get the hops flavour in. If you are going to do two bottles, maybe have one at two weeks and one at 4...though 3 is still good to see if you can notice any difference in taste, the beer will keep improving as it matures..

What are you brewing?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

Exactly as C3D has said. I used to bottle half and keg half and that was the method I used to get the hops flavour in. If you are going to do two bottles, maybe have one at two weeks and one at 4...though 3 is still good to see if you can notice any difference in taste, the beer will keep improving as it matures..

What are you brewing?

Hi Rob,

Its the Australian premium lager. So my droid is in store mode just now can I add the hops to the droid now? 

Hi @Almo_022

On the phone app , press the button that says to Keg. This will bring it up to kegging temp, this is the same temp for hopping. Once it reaches temp. Add the liquid hops. Leave for 48 hours, again the droid will drop to store temp. Hit the kegging button, wait till it reaches temp. Keg and bottle. I do the same as Rob  C , keg and bottle half.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1