No power for Droid for extended period of time

Eltham Brauhaus

I am 3 days into an American Pale Ale and now will have no power for the next 2+ weeks. The droid is in a room where the ambient temp during the day is 25 to 35 deg C. Should I simply dump it now or just carry on for say another 3 or 4 days and then dry hop. I can do a S.G. test before adding hops / bottling. I will have alternative accommodation close by so can monitor it but I am concerned about the lack of cooling for this brew. Any suggestions???

• Sad 1

55 minutes ago, Eltham Brewing House said:

I am 3 days into an American Pale Ale and now will have no power for the next 2+ weeks. The droid is in a room where the ambient temp during the day is 25 to 35 deg C. Should I simply dump it now or just carry on for say another 3 or 4 days and then dry hop. I can do a S.G. test before adding hops / bottling. I will have alternative accommodation close by so can monitor it but I am concerned about the lack of cooling for this brew. Any suggestions???

I'd definitely carry on. Can you move it to the floor. Concrete or tiles will always be cooler. If you can put something cool on top that will help. As long as it won't put moisture in and around the electronics. 

Good luck. 

Cheers 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Eltham Brewing House said:

Freeze a PET bottle or soft drink bottle of water, wrap in a tea towel and place on the lid am and  check if you need to change pm (so have extra one in the freezer ready).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Freeze a PET bottle or soft drink bottle of water, wrap in a tea towel and place on the lid am and  check if you need to change pm (so have extra one in the freezer ready).

That’s a great idea. 

I was going to suggest putting the Droid in an esky if you have one big enough and then do similar with ice bricks or frozen bottles of water.

• Thanks 1