How Clear is Your Beer?

Dustin Frothman

Just now, Dustin Frothman said:

That one is the Pirate Life Pale Ale all grain clone.

But I believe the Droid is the hero here.

I think it’s two bob each way, the all grain clone has resulted in an excellent beer, the Droids fermentation functions do excel and with all grain or BIAB recipes the Store/cold chill is such an excellent bonus.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

The cold crash function will be perfect for dropping the passionfruit seeds out of my latest experiment. I’m really looking forward to seeing how that one turns out. The smell out of the vent port on the fermenter is incredible.

Mmm, I would have thought you would have sieved the seeds out before adding? the pulp?  And I thing even with cold crashing they may float? However that wouldn’t be a problem when kegging. 
I bet it does smell incredible, there is something about passion fruit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Mmm, I would have thought you would have sieved the seeds out before adding? the pulp?  And I thing even with cold crashing they may float? However that wouldn’t be a problem when kegging. 
I bet it does smell incredible, there is something about passion fruit.

I thought about doing that but I added the pulp as a solid frozen brick to help chill the wort down to yeast pitching temperature.

You’re probably correct that they’ll still float during the cold crash as I suspect they’re quite light. Either way the Dry Hop Filter will get them.

It’s an interesting experiment either way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...